public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Miami Dance ... We're getting there!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2000 11:16 am 

I have been a little (read a lot) swamped lately, but I wanted to let all of you know what's going on here in Sunny South Florida. While still not a mecca for the arts, Feb's a great month for dance.<P>This last weekend was MCB's (seemingly annual) performance of Jewels. Rubies got nice reviews (I still can't find it online) but the rest was not especially glowing. I am sure this is b/c MCB has been stronger in the past and Jewels is performed so often.<P>This upcoming weekend has Alvin Ailey followed by a special Valentine's performance by Joffrey for a United Foundation for Aids benefit.<P>The next weekend has Maximum Dance's mixed program Feb 17 thru 20 which includes Corsaire pdd as well as 2 world premieres.<P>As if that wasn't enough, the following weekend (26, 27) has Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo with Ballet de L'Opera de Bordeaux the 28th.<P>Whew! No longer in the Wilderness.<P>I don't know how the weather is where you are, but I went to the beach last weekend ; )<P>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Miami Dance ... We're getting there!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2000 11:51 am 

shag, that's great. It really warms my heart when major metropolitan areas besides NYC and SF can boast of choices for dance fans.<P>But, shag, can I ask you if this is the result of active marketing by the powers-that-be in Miami? Perhaps other cities can learn something here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2000 3:03 pm 

Can anyone tell me what "opera of Bordeaux" is all about? Where are they from, who's the director, what's their style? They are doing a benefit performance at Kansas State University this month to help them raise money for their dance department. I had never heard about them before.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2000 1:53 pm 

Hi Shag<BR>I will be in the Miami area for a week starting this Wednesday.<BR>I hope to make it one of Maximum's shows<BR>Could you please let me know the times/location/etc???<BR>Thank You!!!<BR>Cygnet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2000 3:14 pm 

Opera of Bordeaux? Gee I don't know. Perhaps that needs to be in a new thread...

Profile E-mail