public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Ethan Stiefel Scholarship
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:25 pm 

From the ABT website:

ETHAN STIEFEL TO SPONSOR STUDENT OF
JACQUELINE KENNEDY ONASSIS SCHOOL AT
AMERICAN BALLET THEATRE

Full-Tuition Scholarship to be Awarded to Student of ABT’s Pre-Professional Training Program for Three-Year Term

3/22/2006 - Ethan Stiefel, a Principal Dancer at American Ballet Theatre, has established an annual scholarship to the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis School at ABT, it was announced today by Rachel Moore, Executive Director. The Ethan Stiefel Scholarship will provide one full-tuition scholarship for a term of three years to be granted to a male student of ABT’s pre-professional training program, the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis School.

In establishing the scholarship, Ethan Stiefel said, “The art of ballet has given so much to me personally and professionally, and it is important to develop opportunities for others to enjoy the same experience I have had. I feel quite strongly about the need to bring more young male talent to the art, and I hope my contribution will help facilitate that goal in some way.”
MORE

Stiefel's actions are forward thinking, selfless, and hopefully will prompt others to come forward as individuals or teams to do the same thing. Active, prominent dancers financially commiting to the future of their art form and the tradition of their own company -- what a great thing. Let's hope Stiefel starts a trend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:57 am 

The news release has been previously posted in our Studios forum, and we invited you to continue discussion of this scholarship there. It sounds like a great opportunity for the lucky young man (and men over the years) whose career it will surely benefit!

Follow us on over there.

Cheers
Kate

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]