public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: YOU ARE THERE!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2000 1:36 pm 

I agree about Princess Diana to a point particularly around the time of her death - however now there has been so much dirt dished about her that some of that mystique I feel has gone. <P>How about Princess Grace of Monaco ( Grace Kelly), she had a certain mystique and I suppose for that matter Marilyn Monroe. Funny how all the above are very tragic figures who died before their time.<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2000 11:13 pm 

I have never been a big fan of mystique. Someone like Deborah Bull is often seen at 'small' dance events that she believes in and is very approachable. She goes up in my estimation because of that.<P>I was never keen on Princess Di, until she visited an Aids baby clinic in New York. After hugging a lot of very sick kids, the tough as nails Director of the clinic, who had not wanted the visit, was totally won over and so was I.<P>One of the reasons i like the dance world is that you can meet some of the best dancers and choreographers in the country relatively easily. Yes, they are mega-talented and yes they are ordinary folk as well.<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2000 6:18 am 

grace, the Aids clinic story was covered on the radio here. They had a short interview with the clinic director, who told us that she fought the idea initially as she thought it was just window dressing. <P>Afterwards she said that she wished US politicians would follow Di's example.<P><p>[This message has been edited by Stuart Sweeney (edited November 02, 2000).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2000 7:44 am 

I think that there are people with undeniable charisma - it doesn't mean friendliness - or approachability - or even that we approve of them or their activities. They could even be evil - there have been many evil people in history who led through their charisma.<P>As for the original intent of this thread - I would add that I would have loved to see Charlie Chaplin (he was a great fan of the ballet - and if you look at many of his dance sequences you can see his natural ability) filming Anna Pavlova. Some of the few snippets of film of her, were done by him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2000 3:53 pm 

Grace-<BR>I'm not surprised about Seymour's behavior. The second time I encountered her she was cold and distant. Jeez, I was in her home and everything the first time. I think she is so very insecure and vulnerable and her mood swings are huge. My friend that worked with her in Italy, then in England has a lot of stories to tell about Lynn! <BR>DH

Profile E-mail