public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Suzanne Farrell's Don Quixote Casting
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:13 am 

Does anyone know which National Ballet of Canada dancers will be cast in Farrell's production? I'm assuming that Chan Hon Goh and Jennifer Fournier will be back but there are supposed to be 18 National Ballet members involved and I'm curious who they are. Interestinly enough I've heard that Sonia Rodriguez and Anton Antonijevic will be performing the Don Q. ppd next week at a Skate Canada Gala in Winnipeg - could they have been working on it with Farrell? Any updates would be appreciated - and if anyone sees one of the shows later in June I'd like to hear your opinions.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:26 am 

Chan Hon Goh's website says that she will be dancing in Farrell's Don Q. That's the only one I know for sure.
Are you sure that Sonia and Aleks are doing the Balanchine Don Q for Skate Canada and not the better-known Petipa version? They couple is also performing in a Ballet Gala in the US (forget where) in the next month. I hope this means that Antonijevic's injury has healed?
I won't be able to make it down to Washington for the performances, so I am waiting to hear of when they will perform it in Canada. A press release said that it will come to Canada "in the future"- leaving things very vague.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:03 am 

I am joining this topic with the exisiting Suzanne Farrell Ballet/NBoC thread.

Cheers
Kate

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]