CriticalDance Forum

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pacific Northwest Ballet and Balanchine at the Guggenheim NY
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:23 pm 

A small contingent of PNB dancers and directors recently appeared at a Works and Process program co-produced by the Guggenheim Museum and the Balanchine Foundation. Former NYCB principal and current Balanchine Foundation Executive Director Lourdes Lopez interviewed Francia Russell and Kent Stowell in between performances by Carrie Imler, Patricia Barker, Louise Nadeau, Jodie Thomas, Bakthurel Bold, Jonathan Porretta, Jeffrey Stanton and Christophe Maraval of excerpts from various works by Balanchine, Stowell and Forsythe et al.

More to follow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:13 am 

I attended both evenings at the Guggenheim..."Works and Process". Each evening was an honor to be present. I just love PNB. To hear the New York City audience "praising" and "exclaiming..how impressed" they are with PNB during the little reception after the performance ....had my heart swell with pride. Each work performed was simply amazing. After a series of performances...there was a discussion with Lourdes Lopez as the "host" discussing the artisitc works with Kent Stowell and Francia Russel. How blessed this company has been for the past 28 years with Kent and Francia as directors. Their dedication and extraordinary talent is quite evident in the dancers they have nurtured. Each and every dance artist that performed did so with such beauty, grace,detail....giving purely of themselves. Each individual is a standout. Each dancer is a bonafide STAR. Peter Boal was present on Monday night. I will forever keep those performances in my heart.