public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: San Francisco Ballet School Performance in the Gardens
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:05 pm 

SFB School performed today outdoors in the Yerba Buena Gardens in San Francsicso. The program featured "Dawn", choreographed by Avichai Scher, Flower Festival at Genzano (Bournonville), and Stars and Stripes (Balanchine). While I am not a qualified ballet expert like many on this forum, I must say that this performance was one of the best that I have ever seen. SFB School has a remarkable depth of talent. This was the third Bay Area ballet school performance that I saw this weekend and I must say that it was clearly the best. In fact, I am led to wonder if the concentration of talent in this school may be higher than in most companies. Unfortunately, Stars and Stripes was cut short by a very unusual May rain shower. Scher's Dawn was remarkable in its maturity of choreography. Is he going to be the next great choreographer?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:45 pm 

Well, he could be, but he's very young and needs a good mentor, which I don't think he's finding right now. He has a good eye though. I think we'll be seeing more of him.

It's too bad S&S was cut short. They really nailed the Finale on Thursday night.

Profile E-mail