public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dracula
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2001 3:44 pm 

Has anyone see the ballet DRACULA? It recently was in Madison, WI (I believe it could have been the Housten ballet performing???) and I would LOVE to catch it on it's way back. Can someone give a review?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Dracula
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2001 5:07 pm 

Bree - if you do a search on this board you will come up with a couple of threads which mention that ballet.<P>Also - on Google - there is nine pages of information - the first entry has pictures - so you might want to look there:<P><BR><A HREF="http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Dracula+-+Ballet%22&btnG=Google+Search" TARGET=_blank><B>DRACULA</B></A><P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2001 6:35 pm 

One point to remember Bree is that there are 3 versions of 'Dracula' around in N. America. Apart from the Ben Stevenson version for Houston, Atlanta have the Michael Pink 'Dracula' and the Royal Winnipeg have a third production by Mark Godden.<P>We have little about the Houston version on the site as it came out before criticaldance was started around 15 months ago.<P>I have only seen the Pink version which i thought worked well for most of its length. However, not everyone is keen on this style of ballet and there are some who support a moratorium on the use of stage blood.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2001 7:18 am 

Have not seen it, but also think I remember hearing of one some years ago in San Diego. Basheva might know better.<P>Thought I heard it in conjunction with former director of First Chamber Dance Company in Seattle (Charles Bennett)?<P>Hate to have to make a list of the ballets we would lose without blood and violence (Romeo, Spartacus, Moors Pavane, etc)

Profile E-mail