public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pennsylvania Ballet 2004-05 Feedback Forum
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:30 am 

Well, Fairwind, we're getting lots of good information from the company who have been very nice to us.

Speaking of which, wedding bells will be heard next year, as four of the dancers have announced their engagements.

Principal Martha Chamberlain, originally from Media, Pennsylvania, and Jonathan Stiles are to be married in Rockport, Maine, in July 2005.

Cuban-born soloist Riolama Lorenzo is engaged to medical intern Javier Lasa. Their wedding is scheduled for May 2005.

Hawley Rowe, originally from Hartford, Connecticut, will be wedded to visual artist Steven Weber sometime in the fall of 2005. Weber has also designed scenery and costumes for the ballet.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:05 pm 

I'm just adding a note to draw attention to the image of "Slaughter on Tenth Avenue" I just inserted above. Looks very nice.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:24 pm 

thanks or the wondeful picture from Slaugther. I really enjoyed that. Also thanks for posting an update on the company rooster. This has been a long time coming because I do not think it has been updated on the PABallet site for sometime. I have to say, I have only become a PABallet supporter this past year, but now that I have been to many of their performances, I truly feel that they are one of the premiere companies in the country. Their dancers are wonderful and the corps work in their recent Swan Lake was flawless (at least at all four productions that I was present for). Thanks for adding them to your site so we can stay on top of what is happening with this wonderful company :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:55 am 

Love the "Slaughter" photo....I have never seen "Slaughter" before and am looking forward to viewing it in November! Is this ballet at all like the theatrical version?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:56 am 

Love the "Slaughter" photo....I have never seen "Slaughter" before and am looking forward to viewing it in November! Is this ballet at all like the theatrical version?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:27 pm 

Well, since you like that photo so much, here's another treat, courtesy of the company:

<div align=center>Image<div>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:21 pm 

Very fun! wish I could have seen Bill, Jeff and Leslie dance these roles.....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:53 pm 

Fairwind, I second that! I would love to have seen them dance these roles. Can't wait to see this in November, along with Agon and Ballo. Should be an exciting rep for all to see.
:D :p

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:56 pm 

by the way, please keep those photos coming. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:35 pm 

Just noticed that PABallet will be performing in Pittsburgh next week. Unfortunately, I will not be able to go, however, I would love to hear comments of those that are lucky enough to see their performance of Swan Lake. I also read that they will be in State College the following week. Any news on ticket sales??? (all Ears)

<hr>

For all newcomers, you can access the second page of this topic, by clicking on the 2 link in the upper right or lower right corner of this page.

<small>[ 05 October 2004, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Azlan ]</small>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:35 pm 

Did anyone attend the Pittsburgh Swan Lake performance. I would love to hear your thoughts. I saw this ballet last June in Philly and was so impressed with this company that I am now going to go as often as I can. The corps work was exceptionally strong (probably one of the cleanest with the best lines that I have seen in years) :)
I for one loved Wheeldon's version of this ballet. I found it very creative and more understandable to the average person. To me more choreographers should take risks like this....it may be the only way to draw from the younger crowd (which has been what is lacking in todays audiences across the board).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:41 pm 

I think there was a discussion here about Wheeldon's "Swan Lake." Let me see if I can look it up. BTW, the company will be getting back to us about how the tickets are selling.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:37 pm 

I hear that the Pittsburgh performance of Wheeldon's 'Swan Lake' went well on Friday evening...a standing O! Cheers to PABallet and heres hoping the company will tour more extensively. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:47 pm 

I find this format very confusing to follow. It seems you post new topics all the time on other companies. However, when I tried to post a new topic about PABallet in Pittsburgh I (if my assumptions are correct) was told to post on this forum page. To me it seems more confusing this way. Last but not least ..... does anyone have any news on PABallet's performances of Swan Lake in either Pittsburgh or State College?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:56 pm 

Sorry for the confusion, purelyballet, and thanks for the suggestion.

First, let me preface by saying that under our current agreement, to help maximize the popularity of the topic, we are to consolidate everything about Penn Ballet this season into this one topic which will also be accessed from the Penn Ballet website via the link www.criticaldance.com/paballet. If we create new topics, then people coming from the Penn Ballet web site will never find them.

This is the same arrangement we have with other companies that we have an agreement with, including Rambert etc.

We will however split the topic up into multiple topics when traffic increases, as long as the main topic provides links to all the other ones (this takes more work by volunteers), or when most Penn Ballet fans understand how the forum works.

I hope that makes sense. And we will certainly entertain any improvements! Please keep the suggestions coming. BTW, we also emailed you to get your opinion about this but I guess you never got them?

<small>[ 05 October 2004, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Azlan ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next