public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Interview with ABT's Giuseppe Picone
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2000 7:36 pm 

Image <P>Kevin Ng interviews ABT Soloist Giuseppe Picone:<P><I>IN ITALY, THEY ALWAYS KEEP ASKING, "WHERE'S GIUSEPPE?"</I><P><B>An Interview with ABT Soloist Giuseppe Picone<BR>during the American Ballet Theatre's tour to Hong Kong<BR>October 5, 2000<P>By Kevin Ng</B><P>24-year-old Giuseppe Picone, a talented soloist of the American Ballet Theatre, was seen in Hong Kong in early October during the company's Far East tour. This tall and handsome Italian-born dancer was a dashing Espada in Kevin McKenzie's production of "Don Quixote", and showed off his noble classical style in the "Sleeping Beauty" pas de deux, and his dazzling virtuosity in "Le Corsaire" pas de deux. After a rehearsal in the Hong Kong Cultural Centre on 5 October, Picone told me about his exciting career so far.<P><B><A HREF="http://www.criticaldance.com/interviews/gpicone001005.html" TARGET=_blank>More</A></B>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Interview with ABT's Giuseppe Picone
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2000 10:27 pm 

Many thanks Kevin for another interesting interview. Giuseppe is clearly a fan of MacMillan, I hope that he realises his dream of playing Des Grieux in 'Manon' and helps US critics understand why we rate MacMillan so highly here in the UK.<P>Do you know where Giuseppe trained, Kevin?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2000 1:28 am 
Stuart, Giuseppe trained in Italy - in Naples and Rome, before joining Pierre Lacotte's company in Nancy at the age of 16.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2000 5:14 pm 

Here is a Los Angeles Times article about ABT soloist Giuseppe Picone. He was asked the questions what he wanted to do when he was nine years old and here is his answer:<P><BR><A HREF="http://www.calendarlive.com/top/1,1419,L-LATimes-Search-X!ArticleDetail-14108,00.html?search_area=Articles&channel=Search" TARGET=_blank>Born For Ballet</A><BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2000 10:35 pm 
Picone is certainly a most interesting interviewee. Basheva, I hope that you can catch his performances.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 6:34 am 

Well, Kevin, if the dance gods smile, I shall!!<P>I heard, Kevin, that Dance Theater of Harlem was touring China - have you heard any reviews? How they were received?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 5:00 pm 
Basheva, I haven't read any reviews in the Chinese papers about the DTH's performances. But I remember that in Hu Xinxin's Chinese website a few posters had some reservations, and it seemed that Balanchine's masterpiece "Four Temperaments" wasn't that well danced.