public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Russian Dancers Staying in NZ
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2000 4:13 am 

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>From the moment they stepped on to New Zealand soil, Russian dancers Olga Kolesnikova and Igor Chepelev knew they wanted to stay and dance. <P>The pair, who have just completed a tour of New Zealand and Australia with the St Petersburg Ballet Theatre, are in Christchurch for a year as principal dancers with the Southern Ballet. They make their debut performance in The Nutcracker <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>another nice read - <A HREF="http://www.stuff.co.nz/inl/index/0,1008,529243a2721,FF.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.stuff.co.nz/inl/index/0,1008,529243a2721,FF.html</A> <P>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Russian Dancers Staying in NZ
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2000 6:46 am 

Very interesting article, Grace. I can't say that I blame them, I loved New Zealand - gorgeous country, very friendly people. <P>I well remember one Sunday morning a family stopping to help us along a country road. They got down in the mud, wearing their church going clothes, to help pull our car out of the mud. And then invited us to dinner......<P>------------------<BR>Approach life as a dancer approaches the barre, with grace and purpose.<BR>

Profile E-mail