public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:54 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Australian Ballet Site
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2001 6:50 am 

Image <P>i don't know how long this has been up, but previously one had to go to a sponsored site (telstra - the phone company), and now the AB have their own domain name.<P>their new site is at:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.australianballet.com.au" TARGET=_blank>http://www.australianballet.com.au</A> <P>it's not the most user-friendly site, taking a bit too long to load most pages (at least, for me, right now...), but has more info than the previous one.<P>student dancers might enjoy the page 'A Day in the Life' which describes a dancer's day at work....<P>there are a few nice pics there too....<P>enjoy! Image

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New Australian Ballet Site
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2001 8:03 pm 

Well, Grace.....the picture of the studio is really beautiful and the boxes for the leg warmers, etc. is a great idea. The dancer in the top picture is stunning....<P>As for the middle picture - I think it does belong in "fun stuff" .......ha ha - maybe we can take this poor guy to Christina's ladies only tea party and pass around the plate to raise some money for this guy's tights - then, again, maybe we should just keep him as is.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New Australian Ballet Site
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2001 10:52 pm 

I'll look forward to exploring the site further. But those huge side bars are the largest I have seen and greatly reduce the quality of the look of the site. I hope that this is a one-off and not a more general website development.

Profile E-mail