public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dora Krannig in New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 7:20 am 

<B>A new pointe of view</B><BR>14.01.2002 By LINDA HERRICK <BR>The New Zealand Herald<P>The time Dora Krannig met Rudolf Nureyev, she was a young slip of a thing in the 60s at the Royal School of Ballet in London, living away from her Zurich home for the first time, unable to speak a word of English. <P>But some things transcend language. <P>"Nureyev was practising when I came into the room and I went to the window," she recalls, leaping up to demonstrate. "A lot of people were scared of him. He came towards me and he threw such an intensity at me, I jumped back. He was laughing at me." <P>Not an auspicious start, but Krannig went on to dance with the great man in London and back home in Zurich, in Swan Lake and Romeo and Juliet. She learned things from him she uses in her teaching to this day. <P><A HREF="http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/entertainmentstorydisplay.cfm?storyID=586438&thesection=entertainment&thesubsection=arts&thesecondsubsection=general" TARGET=_blank><B>More</B></A><BR>