public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Grandiva
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:20 am 

`Grandiva' to Show Muscular Twist of Classic Ballet
By Yoon Ja-young for The Korea Times

Solemn graceful Tchaikovsky fills the stage. Dancers in white tutus twirl and leap gracefully. But hang on, what’s that? Are those unshaven legs and hairy chests I see straining beneath the silk? These ballerinas are all male!

``Les Ballets Grandiva,’’ to be staged in Seoul for the first time from Aug. 12 to 15, is an all male comic ballet show, although the word ``grandiva’’ is derived from the word grand goddess.

click for more

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Grandiva
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:56 am 

Can't help thinking I have come across this concept before somewhere....keep on Trockin'.

<small>[ 09 August 2004, 06:08 AM: Message edited by: Stuart Sweeney ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Grandiva
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:21 am 

Stuart Sweeney wrote:
Can't help thinking I have come across this concept before somewhere....keep on Trockin'.

Yes, I have seen these dancers that they dance too well and because they can, They are male!!! and they are good, Very good :D and funny too. Now the Les Ballets Trocadero de Monte Carlo are losing their dancers to Grandiva and wile they toured Australia saw 4 of the trocks stars that danced in this company are Jai Williams, Carlos Garcia, and two others are now with this company as they're just 10 years old they are on a high with gay abandon. At the time that I am writing this they are in New Zealand thrilling theater goers there. I suspect that we will not see them again for a few years yet as they tour the major cities and smaller towns too un like the trocks who just do the main capital cities.
For the trocks however, Australia will not see the trockaderos for another year till 2009 maybe??
As they satirize classical ballet I find them a good introduction to the art and gets more people interested to ballet and makes the art fun to see. :lol: