public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cathy Marston to leave Ballett Bern
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:49 am 

Cathy Marston to leave Ballett Bern

Stephan Märki, the new director of Konzert Theater Bern (previously Stadttheater Bern), has announced that Cathy Marston will be leaving her post as Artistic Director of Ballett Bern in August 2013.

According to Märki, who is seeking to give a "new artistic direction to the institution", their "artistic visions differ too much to enable a long-term collaboration between us." It was, though, a "difficult decision", he added.

Cathy Marston says, "The ensemble that I have established since 2007 is of an excellent quality, demonstrated not least by the international invitations we have received and our recent participation in the Swiss-wide, internationally reputed Steps Festival. When my last season in Bern ends in July 2013, we will have developed 32 world premieres over six years. I hope that the company will continue to be nurtured with care and responsibility, that the enthusiastic audience we have built up is maintained and developed, and that the company achieves its full potential. In the up-coming season we still have much to look forward to: We will continue to show a broad spectrum of contemporary dance, at the highest level, collaborating with no fewer than six international choreographers. I wish Stephan Maerki and his team all luck for the future.”

Profile E-mail