public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Academy of the Bolshoi in Barcelona at Christmas
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:24 pm 

Again, according to what is said at Dansomanie, and later on published at La Vanguardia, it seems that the Academy of the Bolshoi will visit us in Barcelona from Dec. 27 up to Jan. 10 with some stars of the main company.

Program will include their Fille mal Gardée (Gorsky, with score by Hertel), Nutcracker and another ballet.

I contacted the theatre (Victoria) but they have not confirmed me anything. If anyone here has news about I’ll be very grateful to know.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:32 pm 

Hi

The Bolshoi Academy are indeed going to Barcelona - performances are actually from 22nd December to 27th December. No performance on 24th December and 2 performances on 26th December. The programme is a suite of dances from la Fille Mal Gardee in the first Act (new Grigorovich choreography) and a suite of dances from the Nutcracker in the second Act. I can assure you that you will enjoy every minute - the students are very talented. I saw the full la Fille Mal Gardee premiere in Moscow 4 weeks ago and it was excellent - my British son was dancing in it; he makes ballet history next summer as the first ever British dancer to graduate from the Bolshoi Academy with the Bolshoi Diploma - in fact only a very small handful of non-Russians have ever graduated from the academy in its 236 year existence. His name is Henry Perkins.

The tickets are now on sale for the barcelona performances through the Victoria website.

Henry's ballet teacher, Ilya Kuznetsov, at the academy puts lots of videos of the students, including La Fille rehearsals, on You Tube. His channel is:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ilyaballet

I hope that you get to see the performances.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:36 pm 

Many thanks saperkins!!! :D

And congratulations for your son :shock: will he be dancing in Barcelona? Are you planning to come? :)

I already have tickets for the 27. We'll go all the family with our little thing who is 4 years old and she is keen of ballet. We have seen maaaany times rehearses of La Fille... she knows that it is not exactly as the one of the Royal (Ashton) she has seen many times.

As for the Gala I'll attend one of the latests days as I want to see Vasiliev again.

Here are the links to the theater website (Catalan only, sorry) in case any other visitors will visit Barcelona at Christmas and want to attend :)

http://www.3xtr3s.com/victoria/2009/12/ ... y/?lang=ca

http://www.3xtr3s.com/victoria/2009/12/ ... s/?lang=ca

I'm also planning to interview the Academy of the Bolshoi director for the Catalan web site I'm collaborating with. It will be so great for us in Catalonia that such a special company performs in our community!

Profile E-mail