public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mikhail Messerer
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:55 pm 

Mikhail Messerer appointed Chief Ballet Master of the Mikhailovsky Ballet

Mikhail Messerer has been appointed chief ballet master of the Mikhailovsky Ballet from May 19th 2009. The Mikhailovsky Ballet has already worked with Mr Messerer for two seasons. He gave a series of classes for soloists and corps de ballet and staged two pieces for the London tour in 2008. Now Mikhail Messerer will lead the classroom teaching, invite new dancers and répétiteurs, and will also take part in forming and conducting the repertoire policy of the Mikhailovsky Ballet Company.

Farukh Ruzimatov, Artistic Director of the Mikhailovsky Ballet, comments: “A celebrated ballet teacher and répétiteur, Mr Messerer is an outstanding expert in the history and traditions of the art of classical ballet. I am delighted to share an important part of the job in the company with a professional, who has proven his talent in the capitals of dance art”.

Vladimir Kekhman, General Director of the Mikhailovsky Theatre said: “Mikhail Messerer is permanently collaborating with the world’s leading ballet companies. I am very happy to know that he has accepted our proposal to become Chief Ballet Master of the company. The international experience which Mr Messerer possesses will enable the Mikhailovsky Ballet to stay tuned to the latest trends in dance art and develop as one of the leading international ballet companies”.

Mikhail Messerer said: “I am touched by the confidence, which the talented Mikhailovsky Ballet, Farukh Ruzimatov and Vladimir Kekhman pay to me. I feel myself very grateful to Russian art – I was fortunate to be educated there. It is a great honour to work in St Petersburg – the city with such a rich history and traditions of the art of dance”.

· Born in Moscow in 1948, Mikhail Messerer is looked up to and respected as one of the world’s finest teachers. For over twenty-five years he worked with The Royal Ballet in the capacity of company guest teacher. As an international guest teacher, Messerer has given master classes to American Ballet Theatre, The Royal Danish Ballet, The English National Ballet and many other companies.

· Founded in 1833 and named after Grand Duke Mikhail, brother of Tsar Nicholas 1st, the Mikhailovsky Theatre is renowned for its ballet, opera and theatre productions. They first visited London in 2008.

http://www.mikhailovsky.ru/en/
Further press information from Gavin Roebuck Arts Management
info@gavinroebuck.com Tel UK 020 7370 7324 Mobile 07962 271 798