public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alina Cojocaru--Sleeping Beauty DVD
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:44 am 

Daydreaming is something that I sometimes do a lot of. I may think of being a child again, of the joy and the physical and mental worlds of wonder that I could inhabit. Although I can't do much of this in reality I can sometimes let my mind take me there.

One of the Wonders of Alina Cojocaru is that she seems to be able to do this on stage. She seems to actually be able to create worlds of wonder on stage and most amazingly she can make them come to life. Whereas a person like myself tries to create a world in my mind or maybe write something down, she seems to be able to physically make them happen.

On Stage She Actually Becomes Her Dreams !

I have seen her perform about ten times and I have formed some very strong impressions about this amazingly talented and lovable performer.

I just received the DVD a day ago. I"m sure that I will be watching it quite often and may have some things to say about it. From my initial viewings I do feel that it does give an insight into the amazing abilities of Alina Cojocaru.

Specifics are sometimes tenuous for me. I rather go with what I see happening at the moment than with what is supposed to happen based on structures that I have tried to establish in my mind from past viewings. So although I may try to single out details I am often more comfortable with simply enjoying the wonderful effects when they happen no matter where they are coming from. One of the reasons for mentioning all this is to explain why I am not trying to describe this video at this time. Maybe there are others here who might feel the same way and can sympathize with this point of view.

Anyway...!

this looks to be a very fine video and an essential one to have been made !

The next step is to get Veronika Part and Natalia Osipova on video as soon as possible !

Does anyone have any comments about this video ?

[word deleted--sentiment stayed the same]