public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ABT Studio Company in Terrassa (Barcelona)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:04 am 

Yesterday I attended a performance of the ABT Studio Company in Terrassa a city near Barcelona who has the oldest dance season all over Spain and where Ballet has always room.

Program:

Allegro brillante
Coreografia: G. Balanchine
Música: P. I. Txaikovski
Sae-Eun Park, Isaac Hernández, Meaghan Hinkis, Kaia Annika, Isadora Loyola, Mara Thompson, Joseph Gorak, Calvin Royal, José Sebastian, Ty Gurfein

Flower Festival – Pas de Deux
Coreografia: A. Bournonville
Música: H. Paulli, E. Helstedt, N. Gade
Mara Thompson, Ty Gurfein

Continuo
Coreografia: Anthony Tudor
Música: Johan Pachebel (Canon in D)
Jaime Hickey-José Sebastian; April Giangeruso-Calvin Royal; Kaia Annika-Ty Gurfein

Don Quixot (pas de deux)
Coreografia: M. Petipa
Música: L. Minkus
Meaghan Hinkis - Joseph Gorak

Skolas
Coreografia: Laura Stallings
Música: J.S.Bach, A. Balanescu & J. Navaratte
Mara Thompson, Kaia Annika, Sae-Eun Park, Joseph Gorak, José Sebastian, Calvin Royal

Raymonda
Coreografia: Irina Kolpakova (After M. Petipa)
Additional Coreography: Wes Chapman
Música: Alexander Glazunov
Isadora Loyola, Isaac Hernández, Sae-Eun Park, Jaime Hickey, April Giangeruso, Kaia Annika, Joseph Gorak, Calvin Royal, José Sebastian, Ty Gurfein

What a young talented people all these dancers are! :shock: I specially wanted to see Sae-Eun Park as she astonished me in last Prix de Lausanne 2007 where she was the winner and I was not disappointed at all, I loved her in Balanchine, in the neoclassical piece Continuo that I liked very much and in Classic Raymonda. She has all needed to be a perfect ballerina, the line, the technique and the soul, to be followed because she already is a great dancer.

The couple Meaghan Hinkis - Joseph Gorak made a great Quijote PdD, both very sure, communicating so well with a delighted audience in this so demanding excerpt.

A varied program where all could show off and that audience liked very much.

What a chance to have Terrassa because in Barcelona's Opera House, Liceu, the ballet has been erased. My next appointment there is with artists from the English National Ballet.

You can visit CriticalDance topic about them here.

I haven’t been able to find info about the Studio Company in the ABT's web page, can anyone put the direct link? I would be very grateful :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:28 am 

Greetings

It's actually called ABT II now, not the Studio Company. You can find the bios here, though not all have been update yet:

http://www.abt.org/dancers/default.asp? ... diocompany

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:43 am 

Thanks a lot! :D

Profile E-mail