public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CRITICALDANCE BOLSHOI BALLET COMPETITION
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:22 am 

THE CRITICALDANCE BOLSHOI COMPETITION !!!

Criticaldance is offering the chance for no fewer than ten lucky dance fans to receive a pair of tickets for the Bolshoi Ballet’s award winning production of The Bright Stream at the Coliseum theatre in London. For those not familiar with the work, this is a ballet about a group of travelling entertainers causing romantic havoc at a local festival in rural Russia. It is that great rarity, a comedy ballet. Crammed with laugh aloud moments together with some of the finest classical chorography created in recent years, it is a ballet that can be appreciated by adults and children alike and in my opinion stands up as pure entertainment against any shows currently on offer in the west end.

If you have yet to see this wonderful work or if you’ve seen it and would love to go again here is your opportunity. Simply answer correctly three multi choice questions and the first ten correct answers will win a pair of tickets for either the performance on Friday evening or Saturday afternoon.

RULES

None as such but you must be able to get to London for one or other of the performances on Friday or Saturday of this week (five pairs of tickets for each performance).

All contestants must be Criticaldance users easily contacted by email. If you are not actually registered as a Criticaldance user, now is the time to register, as the registration process is quick and easy.

Please note that tickets are offered and handled by the Bolshoi Ballet and that CriticalDance doesn't bear any responsibility in the event of the offer being withdrawn or the programme altered.

TO ENTER

Simply click on my ‘profile’ at the bottom of this page then click on the ‘pm’ private message icon and leave your answers together with your daytime phone number & email address and full name. Please also state clearly whether you would like tickets for Friday (17th August) evening or Saturday (18th August) matinee or whether you would accept either.

I will contact the first ten winning entries I receive and forward your names to the Coliseum box office. In the event of fewer than ten correct answers received the tickets will be awarded to those with the most correct answers.

The competition closes at 2pm (London time) this Friday

THE QUESTIONS

Question 1.
Who is the choreographer of The Bright Stream?

a) Vladimir Vasiliev
b) Alexei Ratmansky
c) Leonid Lavrovsky

Question 2.
Who is the composer of The Bright Stream?

a) Dmitri Shostakovich
b) Sergei Prokofiev
c) Ludwig Minkus

Question 3
In which Russian city is the Bolshoi Ballet based?

a) St Petersburg
b) Moscow
c) Vladivostok

Good luck!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:47 am 

We already have a couple of winners but plenty more tickets to be won, so try your luck!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:50 am 

Darn it! Trust me to be out of London with such an opportunity. I tend to win vouchers for greasy hamburgers, rather than good seats for "The Bright Stream", one of the best new ballets to come to London for years.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:01 am 

The competition is now closed and we have four lucky winners:

Tahor

Haruyo

Ana

David

Congratulations! You are guaranteed a wonderful evening (or afternoon) out.

Commiserations to Stuart who seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:15 am 

Cassandra, will you do this kind of competition for the next Bolshoi performance in Paris ? :roll: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:06 am 

Sorry to have taken so long to reply Ileana, but I've been on a lengthy holiday.

The tickets for the Bolshoi Competition this summer were made available to us by the press office handling the Bolshoi publicity.

Perhaps the promoters of the Paris season aren't quite as generous.

Profile E-mail