public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: POB Nureyev's Cinderella
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:41 pm 

I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to a complete comment on this rather different take on Cinderella which I saw in April, but the ending was so lovely that I keep thinking about it.

A large part of the ballet is set in a Hollywood sound studio instead of a palace.

The ending relied largely on a prop. A wind machine blows a ten foot (more or less) translucent white scarf through the air, which Agnes Letestu (Cinderella) manages to catch and wrap around herself in the most graceful of graceful manners. Absolutely enchanting !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:08 am 

An article has just been published in www.fotoescena.net the dance magazine in internet of Spanish dance photographer Jesús Vallinas.

http://www.fotoescena.net/Once/indexe.htm

In fact there are two articles. The first one -split in two parts- is a report on José Carlos Martínez with a rehearsal with Agnes Letestu while they were preparing their roles for Cinderella and an interview with our Spanish "étoile" danser who has two roles in this ballet.

The second in about "Cendrillon" itself.

To be able to read all what has been published in English you have to return to the main page cause the links inside the articles are not properly set yet :oops:

I was waiting for this to be done to show it here abut I've seen your post Buddy and I can't wait :oops: :D

Hope you like it!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:14 am 

I'm sorry but we attended the dress rehearsal and there was a small incident in the enchanting part you mention Buddy. This is the reason why you are not going to find any shot on this.

It's certainly a pitty but anyway I think that it still was very nice and Jesús has made it very beautiful, as it has been for us to be there and to have had the opportunity to experience that.

Last edited by CarolinaM on Sat May 26, 2007 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:01 am 

Muchas gracias, Carolina. Estas fotos son muy bonitas y el articulo me parezca ser muy interesante. (Thanks so much, Carolina. The photos are very beautiful and the article seems to be very interesting.)