public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ENB: Giselle. Tamara Rojo & J.M. Carreño as Guests
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:46 am 

In El Gran Teatre del Liceu in Barcelona next week.

From the ENB web site:

Performance times and casting 3 - 9 September

Casting in order of Giselle, Albrecht

Sunday 3 September, 5pm : Agnes Oaks, Thomas Edur
Monday 4 September, 8.30pm : Daria Klimentová, Dmitri Gruzdyev
Tuesday 5 September, 8.30pm : Agnes Oaks, Thomas Edur
Wednesday 6 September, 8.30pm : Tamara Rojo, Jose Manuel Carreno
Thursday 7 September, 8.30pm : Erina Takahashi, Cesar Morales
Friday 8 September, 8.30pm : Daria Klimentová, Dmitri Gruzdyev
Saturday 9 September, 5pm : Tamara Rojo, Jose Mauel Carreno
Saturday 9 September, 9.30pm : Erina Takahashi, Cesar Morales

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:32 am 

What a beautiful Giselle!

What a nice Company!

and what astonishing dancers Tamara and José Manuel are !!!!

I have had one of the most fantastic ballet soirées of this year.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:20 pm 

Hiiii!!!!! Carolina!!! I'm glad that you enjoy it. :wink: big kiss

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:27 pm 

That's quite a cast series: any one would bring distinctive qualities to this beautiful ballet.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:39 am 

Mariajo, what a surprise!!!! :D

I didn't know that you also posted in CD!!! I'm very glad to find you also here :wink: what a nice place too, isn't it?

Big kiss too and good luck with the new work!!!, you have to tell us or maybe also Van le Ngoc would be so kind to let us know a bit about, when and where will it be premiered? The name of the work, what music is it in? anything... !!!

I do not write much because it is in English and it is more difficult for me and because people here knows so much about ballet and dance that I feel like an absolute ignorant :roll: but I enter very very often as I learn a lot and I always find interesting information about dancers, performances, etc. etc... I love this site!!!

Stuart, once the above has been said, I'm glad to tell that I have really enjoyed this so beautiful and so well presented Giselle. I have known that it is a carefully made version from the originals and it is really different from all the ones I have seen by now (ABT's one, Scalla of Milan Sylvie Guillem's version, and some others).

I only have been able to see Tamara and José Manuel casting the first roles because it is El Liceu and it is really expensive to afford to go twice, I would have liked to see other casts to compare and to see if the famous diagonal of Giselle's variation in the first act was performed the same way Tamara did, as I really got astonished by her quality and by the difficult added movements with the other leg ("rond de jambe") she did.

She has been an extremely good Giselle, giving to the role what it needed in each act, I have liked this version of Giselle very very much. But not only because of the version itseld and the high quality of the first dancers, I of course also adored José Manuel and Sarah Mcllroy as Myrtha, but the corps de ballet was extremely good and I think that this is as much important as the rest, to make the audience feel the spirit of the ballet and to keep in their mind that they have seen a performance to remember for a long time. At least this happened to me :)

We do not see classics very often in Barcelona, they are more for contemporary here, even we have lost the opportunity to have Angel Corella's school and company, he is going to place it in the center of Spain, near Madrid. So when there is an opportunity to see a company as the ENB is and with Tamara and José Manuel it is a dream for the ballet lovers.

Excuse-me, I know that it is not really a review or maybe what it was expected but it is the best I can do :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:56 pm 

Carolina

Your post on the performance was just fine and a great review! It's always welcome to hear about companies on tour as it's very interesting to see how the companies are received outside their home country.

I wish that I could have seen Carreno, as my brief trips to the US don't coordinate with ABT performances. You are lucky!

Kate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:49 am 

The report has just been published in fotoescena, in Spanish but maybe it will be issued in English.

For the time being and because of the very nice photos, I put the links here.

Main page (nice presentation):

http://www.fotoescena.net/diez/index.htm

and the article with the nice photos:

http://www.fotoescena.net/Once/reflejosazules.htm

Hope you like :)

Profile E-mail