public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Yuri Grigorovitch 80th Birthday Gala in London
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:55 am 

The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden is to play host to a gala celebrating Yuri Grigorovitch's 80th birthday on Sunday 28th January, when "Three of the master's signature ballets" will be performed by guest artists from Russia and Britain.

As Grigorovitch hasn't to my knowledge ever choreographed anything other than full length works, my guess is we'll be seeing some of the condensed versions of his ballets that where performed by the Bolshoi at the Albert Hall some years ago. Although Mr G. is bringing the corps de ballet and orchestra from his Krasnador company, the promised guests sound intriguing, especially as some will be British, though with so few British dancers around these days I take that to mean dancers from British companies.

Casting will be very interesting, can you imagine Carlos Acosta as Spartacus or Ivan the Terrible? My mouth waters at the thought. By the way, expect to see Volochkova involved somewhere in this as she is Grigorovitch's current favourite dancer.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:12 am 

Full details of this event are now available on the ROH web site together with the names of the Bolshoi dancers scheduled to appear.

http://info.royaloperahouse.org/season/index.cfm?ccs=984&cs=2856

Profile E-mail