public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "ALAS" Nacho Duato’s last work
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:55 am 

Last week-end the Spanish Compañía Nacional de Danza premiered in Santander the last work of his artistic director Nacho Duato: "ALAS" (wings) that has been created together with theater director Tomaz Pandur.

In this piece Nacho Duato is again on stage not only dancing but also reciting some monologues from Peter Handke as the piece is clearly inspired in Wim Wenders’ film “Wings of Desire”.

The music comes from Pedro Alcalde and Sergio Caballero, usual composers of the last Duato’s choreographies and also some fragments of Arvo Pärt, Jules Massenet, Pawel Szymanski,...

As always in Duato’s pieces one clearly sees that all the aspects have been carefully studied and very tastefully treated to get a beautiful piece full of great details and very nice to see. His duets are superb and the dancers of the CND are great and able to dance any register they are asked to do but Duato’s performance in the moments were it seems that he has difficulties to stay at hearth and to keep on with the violence and aggressiveness he found here, seemed to me to be rather repetitive and artificial, this was the less I liked from that piece but Nacho who is close to his 50’s is still a very good dancer and a very handsome man to see on stage and he also recites very well and that surprised me as I have seen few of his works as actor and I didn’t like him very much.

The show ends with water failing, soaking the angel (Nacho) and going towards the tower, in the center of stage were the dancers are dancing their duets. A very beautiful end.

If you want to see some beautiful photographs of this work you can visit the fotoescena.net forum (I’m “May” on that forum)

http://www.fotoescena.net/foro/viewtopic.php?t=456

And a complete report with more photos will be showed in the next issue of this dance magazine that will come very early.

I’ll keep you posted :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: The review and more photos
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:41 am 

Well, as promised, here it is the review of this performance:

http://www.fotoescena.net/nueve/alas9.htm

in Spanish, I'm sorry, but maybe there is somebody understading or some followers of Nacho Duato and Spanish CND works and the photos are so beautiful that I have though perhaps it would be fine to post this here :D

Profile E-mail