public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:26 am 

Many thanks, Kate, for this information; with ref to 5 years absence, I have edited my review above to "London" from "Britain".

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Trocks back in London for 2nd time this year
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:23 am 

After their sell-out season earlier this year The Trocks are back at the Peacock Theatre. I missed the first night as it clashed with the Guillem/Khan opening at Sadlers Wells, but when I saw them last night the lively programme included an item I'd not seen them dance before - The Flames of Paris pas de deux. Extremely well danced and rib achingly funny at the same time.

A nice article in The Guardian tells of the perils of touring and how it took a Turkish child's laughter to convince the adults in the audience it was okay to laugh. But though they eventually won over the Turks, they weren't as successful with a posh Spanish audience when, as they put it, "you've never seen diamonds and sequins move so fast."

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/features/sto ... e_continue

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: trock's Ausralian Tour
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:03 pm 

I have just seen Les Ballet's Grandiva in Australia and they're now in New Zeeland and I have found them quite funny as well thier dance prowess and stregth however was not too impressed with thier 10 minuete wait between acts. :( But as for the Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo may be better as they have been here before and missed them and will not be here for the next year. :( However if tory dobrin is reading this, Please come down here and bring your nimble dancers with you as I have worn out whaching the DVD. :) Don't forget Olga aka Robbert Carter. :D