public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Angel Corella dancing in La Gioconda
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:55 am 

Angel Corella is dancing these days in Barcelona, in the Gran Teatre del Liceu Opera House, the famous "Dance of the Hours" (I'm just translating from Spanish, sorry if this is not how it is known in English) in La Gioconda.

His partner is Laeticia Giuliani and crisitcs say that it is worth to see. I'm sure of it, I'm going the 20 and I'm really excited about it. I'll tell you.:D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Marvellous, fantastic, unique, incredible!!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:07 am 

Well here I'm as promised :

Marvellous, fantastic, unique, incredible!!

I have no words to say how much his performance impressed me, so much beauty, refinement, and good work on stage in all senses!

Angel is unique, exclusive, he is an angel. That dance of the hours is very beautiful, twelve hours twelve ballerinas all wearing the same dress but in different colour, dancing at the clock pace and then Laeticia Giuliani nearly nude showing her good technique dancing alone till Mr. Corella appeared, eclipsing all the rest, it is incredible how his sole presence when he shows on stage can leave one without breath. I’ll never will forget that moment.

Then the so beautiful pas de deux he danced with Leticia and his final demonstration of virtuosity in the fast last part of the dance that has only been the perfect final for a 10 minutes of dancing in a 4 hours opera.

But the most celebrated part by the audience has been that of the dance, people couldn’t stop applauding both at the final of the dance and at the end of the performance when the artists showed on stage the most warm ovation had been for the 2 great dancers and specially for Mr. Corella.

As far as I know it has been the same every night during all the performances of La Gioconda, what a pitty that I can not repeat. It has been magic!

I'll copy the link to the Barcelona's opera house for anyone interested to see the photos of that event, one showing the great couple:

http://www.liceubarcelona.com/comu/recull.asp?i=146

:wink: Carolina

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:05 am 

Glad to hear it was a good night, but he's definately missed here in NY.

I was quite suprised that ABT permitted him to guest in Barcelona instead of being at the City Center Gala and the beginning of the City Center Season since he's such a big draw. However, it's certainly not the first time he's missed part of season.

Cheers
Kate