public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:37 am 

Greetings

It would be interesting to hear more about Lloyd Riggins - I had the pleasure of interviewing him and watching him work with the Royal Danish Ballet on his production of "Kermessen in Bruges", but have never seen him dance!

I shall have to travel to Hamburg soon!

Kate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:52 am 

Short information about Lloyd Riggins.
In Germany "Death in Venice(as Ashenbach)" was broadcasted recently, and "Matthaeus Passion(as John)" will be broadcasted in September or October, I heard.

By the way I will write furthur on.
The next performance, as Silvia wrote, was "Beautiful Freak" by Geocke.
I was so interested in his work. Very different movements indicated those which(who) are alienated from the world, I think. Their backs and their fingers look like heterogeneous elements, sometimes like frogs. sometimes like worms. Even some dancers were swimming by butterfly stroke on the stage from left to right or from right to left. This got applause naturally. And Lloyd Riggins was so wonderful. Yes, I want to see it again.

The third performance was "Polyphonia" by Christopher Wheeldon.
I think it something like Balanchine style. And I am not almost interested in Balnchine's works. I'm sorry, I cannot almost remember his work.

The fourth performance was "Wege(Way)" by Yukichi Hattori. At first I should tell that his work is not to become my favorite one because we are Japanese. This is my most favorite one of the four.
Almost dancers and theater class students of the Hamburg Ballet were walking along, some of them were side by side, some of them were chatting, some of them were alone from right to left and from left to right. After no music of some moments, Bach's cello suits were accompanied. One of them was sitting in the middle of the stage with opening his eyes, but he did not see anythig in the world, I think. Alexandre Riabko did this role. Amazing! Galien Johnston/Ivan Urban/Laura Cazzaniga played a broken love and a false love. (I saw this perfomance on 2 July. But on 19 & 21, Lloyd Riggins/Heather Jurgensen/? danced these roles. There was an exchange of the female role - male role.) Another funny three were performed by Sebastien Thill/Lisa Todd/Stephanie Minler. They were so coquettish, vivid, and espcially Sebastien was.
After all I can enjoy his style because I am Japanese ?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:38 pm 

Back to Matthaeus Passion on June 30.
It's really impressive to me. I'm not Christian, but love, purity, innosence, suffering and other feelings that the dancers perform always move me deeply.
The eyes of Lloyd Riggins as Jesus are full of sorrow and love.
And the more I see the performance of Peter Dingle as Peter, the more deeply I am impressed by his performance. I always feel that Peter himself are suffering there. And I feel something spiritual from Laura Cazzaniga. Her performance(existence) is another gravity point on the stage. Do you understand what I mean ?
I have to write about Loris Bonani who danced as one of Rabbis. These roles used to be played by young dancers, consequently I had thought about these Rabbis unsatisfactorily. But this time Loris with beard made me satisfied. I heard he was leaving the company. I will miss him.
Oh, I cannot write everything I felt and thought.
Matthaeus Passion was filmed in Baden-Baden. I heard it would be broadcasted in September or October.
I recommend everyone to watch it, Christian, or Buddist, or Moslem or anyone.

Profile E-mail