public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jamie Tapper at the Ballet Association
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2000 5:25 am 

The Ballet Association is a rather admirable group with a strong link to the Royal Ballet. Each month they have a speaker/interviewee, usually from the RB. I don't get along as often as I would like, but when I have been it has been nice to hear dancers/administrators/critics talk to a knowledgable audience.<P>This week they had Jamie Tapper, a recent recruit from Canada, who seems to have impressed people, as she does with her dancing. Ballet.co has a write-up of the evening from Gerald Dowler, who also contributes to the magazine, 'Dance Now'. <P> <A HREF="http://www.danze.co.uk/dcforum/happening/1121.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.danze.co.uk/dcforum/happening/1121.html</A>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Jamie Tapper at the Ballet Association
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2000 8:42 pm 

Her name is spelled "Jaimie" actually. A cousin of mine was in the same year as she was when they were at the National Ballet School in Toronto, Jaimie has been impressing us here for a long time! Image Many were sad to see her go to the UK, there was an article about it in the Globe & Mail, if I remember correctly, maybe it was McCleans Magazine, when she signed on to the Royal Ballet--which is not something I have seen too often for a dancer her age.

Profile E-mail