public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nikolai Tsiskaridze
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:19 am 

Hello Olechka - welcome to the board - it's a pleasure to have you join us.<P>Thank you very much for the information and for the website. The pictures are very beautiful.<P>Are you in Russia, may I ask?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 2:12 pm 

On the 24th and 26th May, the Bolshoi Ballet staged a renewal of Grigorovich's "Legend of Love". Nikolai Tsiskaridze was absolutely stunning as Ferhad no technical difficulty can be a problem for him. His acting was so touching: an exuberant youth with a shining smile in Act 1 - and a tormented, haunted man later. His two circles of jete en tournant were done at incredible speed, with a perfect split, and left even his fellow dancers with their mouths open. And above all - his magnetic personality and fantastic physique.<BR>What a pity that this unique dancer is so rarely seen in the West! He deserves an international recognition of the highest order.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 2:51 pm 

Sorry, in the posting above I wrote 'May' instead of 'April'.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 12:36 am 

In between his performances at the Bolshoi Nikolai Tsiskaridze is rehearsing<BR>the role of Solor with Svetlana Zakharova and Darya Pavlenko as Nikiya for the<BR>revival of "La Bayadere" at Mariinsky in St.Petersburg .<BR>

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 1:05 am 
Olechka, you don't mean to suggest that Tsiskaridze is dancing the premiere of the revived La Bayadere at the Maryinsky on 31 May, do you?

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 5:00 am 

<BR>Tsiskaridze is rehearsing the role of Solor. The decision who is going to<BR>dance on the opening night rests with the Artistic Director.<P>

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 2:51 pm 

There is an interesting interview (in English) about the revival of the Grigorovich's "Legend of Love" given by Nikolai Tsiskaridze on <A HREF="http://www.bolshoi.net/stars/tsiskaridze/interview.htm" TARGET=_blank>www.bolshoi.net/stars/tsiskaridze/interview.htm</A> <BR>

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 2:54 pm 

Thank you Coda - some nice pictures in the picture gallery too. If you put your mouse on each picture it clears up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 8:11 am 

You are right, dear Basheva, that website includes Tsiskaridze's profile, several interviews given by him and a photo gallery of nearly 100 photographs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:11 pm 

There is a consolation for Nikolai Tsiskaridze's fans in St.Petersburg. Although Nikolai Tsiskaridze did not appear as was expected in "La Bayadere" on the opening night of the White Nights Festival in St.Petersburg, he will be dancing on the closing night, the 30th of June, in "Swan Lake" with Svetlana Zakharova.<BR>The Washington ballet-goers will be able to see him next week during the Bolshoi tour:<BR>11 June /eve/ - opening gala concert;<BR>13 June /eve/ - La Bayadere;<BR>15 June /mat/ - Swan Lake

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:28 pm 

Dear Moderator,<BR>Could you please erase the duplicate of my posting which I clicked twice by mistake.<BR>Some interesting photographs of Nikolai Tsiskaridze and Svetlana Lunkina rehearsing "Giselle" with Ekaterina Maximova: <A HREF="http://www.bolshoi.net/ciskaridze/photo-giselle.htm" TARGET=_blank>www.bolshoi.net/ciskaridze/photo-giselle.htm</A> <P>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 3:15 pm 

Coda - I am sorry but the link you gave didn't work for me.....<P>Is this it: (maybe this will work)<P><A HREF="http://www.bolshoi.net/stars/tsiskaridze/photo-giselle.htm" TARGET=_blank><B>Tsiskaridze - Giselle</B></A><P>I forgot to say....it's a series of about 15 pictures - really beautiful, too - you have to click on the arrow on the left to see all the picutres.<p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited June 06, 2002).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:22 pm 

Sorry, dear Basheva, you are right, I made a mistake in typing the website. The correct version is: <A HREF="http://www.bolshoi.net/stars/ciscaridze/photo-giselle.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.bolshoi.net/stars/ciscaridze/photo-giselle.htm</A> <BR>However, you made it so easy to open. How did you do it?<BR>I found that the selection of the "Giselle" photographs is excellent: rehearsals, moments of acting, the teacher lifted by Tsiskaridze, a moment of relaxation after the rehearsal and, finally, the performance itself.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 4:26 am 
I heard that Tsiskaridze will dance the first night of the Kirov's La Bayadere in NY in July.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 7:28 am 

Photographs of Roland Petit rehearsing "The Queen of Spades" with Nikolai Tsiskaridze and Ilse Liepa can be found on: <A HREF="http://www.bolshoi.net/balet/dama/photo-repet.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.bolshoi.net/balet/dama/photo-repet.htm</A> <BR>Click the arrow on the right of the picture and you will see all 13 photographs.<BR>Those who are lucky to see Tsiskaridze in Washington on 11 . 13 and 15 of June,<BR>please be kind enough to write for us on this site about his performances.<P>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next