public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Balanchine at the Kirov
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2000 9:37 am 

Nancy Reynolds of the Balanchine Trust talks about the process of taking 'Jewels' to the Kirov. It provides fascinating insights into the way that the Trust works and the challenges that the piece presented for the Company. We also learn that the Kirov would like to have work by Robbins and also MacMillan's 'Manon'. It could be an interesting decade in the glorious history of the Kirov. Now if only the Bolshoi could get some decent new rep. This link will become inactive on 5th February. <BR> <A HREF="http://www.nytimes.com/yr/mo/day/artleisure/jewels-ballet.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.nytimes.com/yr/mo/day/artleisure/jewels-ballet.html</A> <BR>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Balanchine at the Kirov
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2000 1:52 pm 

I think the Kirov did "Scotch Symphony" several years ago,or was is "Tzigane"? I can't remember... all I know is that I saw a PBS-produced video about the life of Suzanne Farrell which showed her re-staging, at the Kirov ballet, one of the ballets which she has the rights to. If anybody's interested, I can find out the name of the video--they have it here in the public library here--the video's really good, because it actually covers the whole life and career of Farrell, which is also about Balanchine, of course, since their lives were inextricably bound.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Balanchine at the Kirov
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2000 8:51 pm 

Yes, trina, I would be interested in getting my hand on that video. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Profile E-mail