public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Leanne Benjamin's wedding
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:19 pm 

Image <P>Leanne Benjamin as The Firebird<P>'Hello' magazine reports on leanne's wedding.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Royal Ballet prima ballerina Leanne Benjamin gave the greatest - and most heartfelt - performance of her life when she walked down the aisle of St Paul’s Church in London’s Covent Garden to marry dashing theatre executive Tobias Round.<P>Leanne’s much-cherished husband is the executive director of Katharine Dore Management, the business team behind leading contemporary dance company Adventures in Motion Pictures (AMP, of all-male Swan Lake fame) and other West End Shows.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Nice to see Leanne getting some publicity. She is a fine dancer, who doesn't seem to get as much credit as she deserves. Her Firebird is much more interesting than that of the Kirov dancers I have seen to date. The picture above shows the dramatic intensity that she brings to the role. She also excels in much of the MacMillan rep. <P><A HREF="http://www.hello-magazine.co.uk/2001/07/09/ballet/" TARGET=_blank><B>more...</B></A><P><p>[This message has been edited by Stuart Sweeney (edited July 11, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Leanne Benjamin's wedding
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 1:31 am 

I seem to remember that she was also an Adeline Genée medal winner once.<BR>Did she not also have a dancer sister, or am I getting confused?<P>Someone enlighten me please, if you can?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 2:06 am 

Spot on Red Shoes! An old RB programme tells me that Leanne won the Adeline Genée Gold Medal and a Prix de Lausanne. Before her RB career she danced with Sadler's Wells Royal Ballet, English National Ballet and Deutsches Oper Ballet.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 6:20 am 

I can remember a dancer in the Royal Ballet called Madonna Benjamin. I have a feeling she now works in television, Could this have been her sister?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 9:20 am 

I remember (just!) when Leanne Benjamin - then called Leanne Faye Benjamin - graduated from the RB School and was heavily tipped by the critics as The One To Watch. Looks like they were right!

Profile E-mail