public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hamburg Ballet -- Annual "NIJINSKY GALA"
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 8:36 pm 

Thought I'd post this, as it looks like an interesting program. Their Nijinsky galas (held annually) have a wide variety of repertories every year. The reason why it's called "Nijinsky" gala is because Neumeier has always been a great admirer of the legendary dancer. His new full length ballet, called "Nijinsky" was a major hit last year. Also, note that ex-SFB principal, Elizabeth Loscavio will be dancing the closing piece: Act II Giselle with Ethan Stiefel.<P>Nijinsky-Gala XXVII<P>"Giselle and Friends"<P>Conductor Howard Williams<BR>Philharmonische Staatsorchester<P>Sunday, July 15, 2001<P>PART I<P>2nd scene from<BR>THE NUTCRACKER<BR>Music Peter I. Tschaikovsky<BR>Choreography John Neumeier<BR>Set and costumes Jürgen Rose<P>Louise  Anna Grabka<BR>Marie  Natalia Wojciechowska, student of the Ballet School of The Hamburg Ballet<BR>Günther  Milan Jarosch<BR>Drosselmeier  Radik Zaripov <BR>and students of the Ballet School of The Hamburg Ballet<P>from<BR>FLOWER FESTIVAL IN GENZANO<BR>Music Edvard Helsted and Holger Simon Pauli<BR>Choreography August Bournonville<BR>Costumes Jens-Jacob Worsaæ<P>Alina Cojocaru, Johan Kobborg<BR>Royal Ballet, London<P>Pas de deux of the 3rd act from<BR>THE LADY OF THE CAMELLIAS<BR>Music Frédéric Chopin<BR>Choreography John Neumeier<BR>Set and costumes Jürgen Rose<P>Marguerite  Anna Polikarpova<BR>Armand Duval  Lloyd Riggins<P>from<BR>GISELLE<BR>Music Adolphe Adam<BR>Choreography Mats Ek<BR>Set and costumes Marie-Louise Ekman<P>Giselle  Beate Vollack<BR>Albrecht  Norbert Graf<BR>Bayerisches Staatsballett, Munich<P>Scene of the 3rd act from<BR>SYLVIA<BR>Music Léo Delibes<BR>Choreography John Neumeier<BR>Costumes Yannis Kokkos<P>Sylvia  Heather Jurgensen<BR>Aminta  Ivan Urban<BR>and The Hamburg Ballet<P>Pas de deux from<BR>LE CORSAIRE<BR>Music Adolphe Afdam, arranged by Riccardo Drigo<BR>Choreography Rudolf Nurejev after Joseph Mazilier and Marius Petipa<P><BR>Gillian Murphy, Ethan Stiefel<BR>American Ballet Theatre<BR>  <BR>PART II<P>GETTING CLOSER<BR>Music Ned Rorem, String Symphony<BR>Choreography John Neumeier<BR>Costumes Zack Brown<P>Joëlle Boulogne, Alexandre Riabko<BR>Laura Cazzaniga, Jirí Bubenícek<P><BR>Pas de deux from<BR>MERCURIAL MANOEUVERS<BR>Music Dmitri Shostakovich<BR>Choreography Christopher Wheeldon<P>Silvia Azzoni, Carsten Jung<P>Premiere<BR>Study to BLACKBIRD<BR>Music Traditional Music, arranged by Dirk Haubrich<BR>Choreography Jirí Kylián<BR>Costumes Joke Visser<BR>This piece is part of the ballet "Blackbird" which will be premiered on October 6, 2001 at the Saitama Arts Theatre in Japan<P>Megumi Nakamura, Ken Ossola<BR>Nederlands Dans Theater<P>from<BR>ODYSSEY<BR>Music George Couroupos<BR>Choreography John Neumeier<BR>Costumes Yannis Kokkos<P>Pallas Athene  Anna Grabka <BR>Telemachos  Ivan Urban<BR>  <BR>PART III<P>Second act of<BR>GISELLE<BR>Music Adolphe Adam<BR>New choreography and staging John Neumeier<BR>Traditional choreography Jean Coralli, Jules Perrot and Marius Petipa<BR>Artistic Advisor Natalia Makarova<BR>Set and costumes Yannis Kokkos<P>Giselle  Elizabeth Loscavio <BR>Albert  Ethan Stiefel (American Ballet Theatre)<BR>Myrtha  Anna Polikarpova<BR>Moyna  Silvia Azzoni<BR>Zulma  Adéla Pollertová<BR>Berthe  Anna Grabka<BR>Hilarion  Carsten Jung<BR>and The Hamburg Ballet

Post subject: Re: Hamburg Ballet -- Annual "NIJINSKY GALA"
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 11:00 pm 

Oh my god... This might be worth a trip just to see Elizabeth Loscavio as Giselle. Thanks for this, Terry.<P>Are you going, DavidH?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2001 7:08 am 

Don't I wish Azlan. Ebeth's parents have gone to the Nijinksy gala a couple of times and loved it. They saw her do Giselle in January. <BR>I'm choreographing for a small contempory dance co. and we're doing three performances the same week as the Gala. (Shameless plug huh!) <BR>:-) <P>D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2001 5:16 pm 

DavidH, don't forget to send a press release to press@criticaldance.com or to announce it here. Image<P>I saw the very last performance by Elizabeth with SFB and practically cried knowing she was leaving.

Profile E-mail