CriticalDance Forum
http://www.ballet-dance.com/forum/

Vaganova Graduation Performances, class of 2014
http://www.ballet-dance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=40060
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Catherine Pawlick [ Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:36 am ]
Post subject:  Vaganova Graduation Performances, class of 2014

On June 11, the first of three graduation performances by the students of the Vaganova Academy took place at the historical Mariinsky Theatre. The other performances are June 14 at 2:00 p.m. and June 16 at 7:30 p.m. Presumably the program is the same for each, with maybe some slight changes in casting.

The June 11 program is as follows:

Konservatoriat/Conservatory (1849) Bournonville.
Balletmaster: Evgeny Kuznetsov (student of 8th class)
Eliza: Anastasia Lukina (student of 8th class)
Viktorina: Ekaterina Yalinskaya (graduating)

Divertissements

Pas de Quatre from Flora's Awakening
Flora: Nika Tskhvitaria (student of 8th class)
Aurora: Anastasia Lukina (student of 8th class)
Hebe: Alexandra Kirnaya (graduating)
Diana: Olga Rudnitskaya (graduating)

The sable dance from Gayane

Chaconne, choreograhpy by Victor Baranov
Ekaterina Yalinskaya (graduating)
with Igor Chmenyov (graduating) with a live pianist on stage,Yulia Siminova

Children's Pas de Deux to music by Tchaikovsky (chor. Tsiskaridze)
Kseniya Andreenko (student of the 3rd class)
Dmitry Zadorozhni (student of the 3rd class)

Tango from the Golden Age/ Grigorovich/Shostakovich
Zinaida Gagarskaya (graduating)
Leonid Leontiev (graduating)

Diana & Acteon grand pas
Renata Shakirova (student of the 8th class)
Kalibay Alisher (Kazakhstan) graduating

"Castanettes Dance" from Laurencia
Anastasia Tolstaya and Nail Enikeyev (both graduating) with corps de ballet

Grand Pas from Paquita
Ksenia Zhiganshina (graduating)
Vitaly Amelishko (graduating)
pas de trois: Alexandra Dementieva (graduating)
Tamara Gimadieva (graduating)
Romanbek Beyshenaliev (Kyrgystan) graduating

variations: Alena Kovalyova (6th class)
Anastasia Lukina (8th class)
Nika Tskhvitaria (8th)
___

I noticed Alena Kovalyova is still in her sixth year. Long lines, beautiful feet and legs, her legs are at least 80% of her length, highly graceful and beautiful to behold.

Author:  Catherine Pawlick [ Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaganova Graduation Performances, class of 2014

Ksenia Zhiganshina is joining the Bolshoi Ballet - I'd posted this a few weeks back elsewhere but wanted to update this thread.

Author:  Buddy [ Fri May 12, 2017 6:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaganova Graduation Performances, class of 2014

Catherine Pawlick wrote:
On June 11, the first of three graduation performances by the students of the Vaganova Academy took place at the historical Mariinsky Theatre. The other performances are June 14 at 2:00 p.m. and June 16 at 7:30 p.m. Presumably the program is the same for each, with maybe some slight changes in casting.

I noticed Alena Kovalyova is still in her sixth year. Long lines, beautiful feet and legs, her legs are at least 80% of her length, highly graceful and beautiful to behold.


I've looked carefully. Her legs are only 79% of her length. The other 21% is Stardust. :)

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/