public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kolegova
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:53 pm 

Has anyone seen the clips on YouTube with Kolegova as Aurora? She is a treasure! Her recent Raymonda clips are also wonderful. The Mariinsky has been casting her heavily lately, and I think she deserves a promotion! She is a wonderful ballerina!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Kolegova
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:16 pm 

I tend to never watch Youtube clips -- I have seen Kolegova live numerous times in almost every role - agree she is charming!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:44 pm 

I thought this December was Kolegova's debut as Aurora. I thought she only did Lilac Fairy until now. Doesn't matter. The YouTube clips show that she is an amazing Aurora. I have been watching them over and over.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:37 am 

I was supposed to see Osmolkina as Aurora on March 23, but she either cancelled or was pulled from the performance days ahead. I was looking forward to her Aurora, but I got Kolegova instead and that was just as good if not better. I absolutely love Kolegova's Aurora. I think she has the regal aura that Lopatkina has without the coldness. I wrote this elsewhere but wanted to post here and ask others if they like Kolegova.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:46 am 

PN, yes I do like Kolegova as well. She seems to do better in some roles more than others and I would peg Aurora as one of her best - she's suited for it in terms of character and dramatic expression, and even size.