public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Margarita Kullik
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:28 am 

Hi,
I have been searching the internet for some time on some information on one of my favorite dancers, Margarita Kullik. I am not having much luck. The most recent info I have come up with is 2003 when she was teaching in Korea. Is this correct?

People seem quite knowledgable on this site, so I'm hoping someone can help me. Does anyone have any info on what Ms. Kullik is doing now? Is she still in Korea or has she come back to Russia? If so, is she affliated in any way with the Kirov?

I hope someone can help. Thanks a bunch!

Laura

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:20 am 

Hi LauraE,

If Kulik is in Russia right now, I have not seen her on the stage, and she is not teaching at the theatre. I have a good friend who used to dance with her here -- I will ask him and get back to you.

Catherine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:34 am 

Kullik appeared on a Kultura-TV program earlier this year -- a short interview during a programme in honor of Konstantin Sergeyev, in March 2006. From what I recall, the interview identified her as the Director of a foundation in honor of Sergeyev and Dudinskaya. Kullik was filmed at her desk, in the foundation's offices in St Petersburg. She has definitely retired from dancing, looking like a normal pretty forty-something lady!

The last time that I saw her 'live on stage' was at the February 2002 world-premiere of Ratmansky's 'Cinderella,' as one of the two stepsisters. I believe that she retired shortly thereafter, around the time of Dudinskaya's passing (winter 02/03).

Hope that this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:29 pm 

NataliaN - thanks for the post. Good to know Kullik is still around.