public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Martha Graham Repertoire crisis
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 2:32 pm 

Dean-do you know Judy Garay? She danced with the Graham company in the 80's. Anyway, she lives in Vancouver, BC now (she is Canadian) and teaches up there. She very nicely came to see my company LEAVING GROUND/DANCE when we performed up in Vancouver in l995, and I have kept in touch with her since then. She has retired from dancing (sigh) but has started her own company. It's called something like "Dancers Dancing Dances" or something like that!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2000 12:11 pm 

Trina -- I don't know this person but would certainly be delighted to meet her someday. Perhaps the four of us sometime; wouldn't that be a kick?!<P>RE: The Graham School -- I've heard it's reopened from a former student of mine who's in NY now studying but I don't know where. A rental space is all I've heard. There may be listing in DM?<P>------------------<BR>Dean Speer<BR>ballet@u.washington.edu

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2000 11:06 am 

I thought some of you might be interested in this from Voice of Dance:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><BR>Janet Eilber, the new Artistic Director of Martha Graham Dance Company chats live about her long career with the company and its current works.<BR>Monday, May 15 <BR>7:00 pm (Pacific) <BR>10:00 pm (Eastern)<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Go to <A HREF="http://www.voiceofdance.org/Community/chat.schedule.cfm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.voiceofdance.org/Community/chat.schedule.cfm</A>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2000 12:08 pm 

As far as the Graham school goes....I think they rent space downtown near the Public Theatre ...they sold the old studio, which i thought was just terrible, because it really was a national landmark..all or most of Martha's great masterpieces were created there...I beleive they had to sell it off to pay debts.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2000 8:01 pm 

i am closing this thread as we have started two more in succession since.

please follow thru on this discussion at: http://forum.criticaldance.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000054

thanks!

[This message has been edited by grace (edited June 23, 2000).]

<font size = -2><center>(Edited by salzberg to fix link)</center></font>

<small>[ 08-11-2002, 16:31: Message edited by: salzberg ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2