public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Anorexia topic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 2:20 pm 

As some of you might have seen we had a thread here on anorexia. After a debate among the criticaldance staff, we have decided to delete it. I am grateful to LMCtech for initially posting the information and the sensible comments of everyone else who contributed. It was an eye-opener for me and for some other people as well. I will be passing on the information to at least two professional organisations in the UK and i hope that others will do something similar.<P>However, we have decided that the nature of the material which could be accessed form the thread could do harm to some and that is why we reached our conclusion.<P>Here is a part of what Marie posted in the thread, which gives a valuable organisation concerned with anorexia:<BR> <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>The <B>American Anorexia Bulimia Association</B> is a non-profit organization that you can join. The AABA "promotes social attitudes that enhance healthy body image and works to overcome the idealization of thinness that contributes to disordered eating."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I am closing this thread now. Please e-mail me if there is any aspect of this that anone wishes to raise with me.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]