public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Geography & the Dance Connoisseur
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 4:20 pm 

Don't worry, Belinda. Most of us knew what you meant. We don't usually pick other people's posts apart, now do we, folks...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Geography & the Dance Connoisseur
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 5:49 am 

actually azlan, i didn't have a clue what she meant. i assume that you were more confident of her meaning, because you know her and/or because you are in the same city - so you might share some expectations of what the norm is, there.<P>in more isolated places (including where i live), attending 3 or 4 performances a week is impossible. indeed 3 or 4 a MONTH is impossible. on the other hand, 3 or 4 a year didn't seem enough to me, which is why i wondered if she meant 3 or 4 per company per year - even that isn't possible here, as some companies would only perform once, then either disband or move on. only the (ONE) established ballet company would have 4 seasons a year in this city.<P>and this is a city - so what about where everyone else lives!<P>this wasn't 'picking apart' her post. it was clarifying information. she asked a number of questions, specifically directed to me, so i answered them. i'm sure that was her expectation.<P>belinda sounds like a big girl, azlan - i'm sure she can look after herself.....

Profile E-mail