Position Open: Wardrobe Mistress/Master
The Grand Rapids Ballet Company, Michigan’s only professional ballet company, requires an experienced and self-motivated wardrobe mistress/master for their 2006-2007 season. Applicant must have professional experience managing a costume shop, and strong costume construction skills for dance. The Grand Rapids Ballet Company presents three main stage productions, along with touring and local performances totaling over 60 performances a year. The position is responsible for maintenance of all existing costumes, construction of new costumes, adherence towards the costume budget, hiring of seamstresses and stitchers. Design opportunities are also possible. Positive, upbeat attitude and strong organizational skills are a must. Position is full time and reports to artistic director. Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
1. Overseeing wardrobe and maintenance; organize and manage workroom
2. Wardrobe department budget control
3. Cutting and draping/patterning and stitching
4. Costume coordination for all lecture/demonstrations and outreach appearances.
5. Costuming supervision for special appearances and out of town tours.
6. Costuming supervision for all outside rentals of GRB productions.
1. Coordinate all fittings
2. Teach proper costume care and costume handling during performances to all cast members.
3. Takes responsibility for cleaning and mending all GRBC costumes.
4. Takes responsibility for keeping an inventory of GRBC costumes.
5. Oversees volunteers associated with costuming.
6. Work with the designer to purchase all supplies and materials relative to GRBC costumes.
7. Coordinate transportation of all costumes in coordination with GRBC Production Stage Manager and /or Technical Director.
8. Maintain proper budget, receipts and invoices pertaining to costume materials and construction.
Please mail, email, or fax resume to the following:
Grand Rapids Ballet Company
c/o Gordon Peirce Schmidt, Artistic Director
341 Ellsworth Ave SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
(616) 454-0672 (fax)
Please call Production Stage Manager with questions (616) 454-4771 x 19