public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Diary - Thursday, Day 4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 11:16 am 

Can it really be that it is Thursday already?<BR>As the saying goes time sure is flying when you enjoy yourself.<P>Today the weather was a bit cooler with a pleasant breeze which was a relieve after the sveltering humid heat we had to endure for the past couple of days.<P>This afternoon I arrived at ROH at 12.45 pm to do an interview with SFB corps member Amanda Schull. It was the first time ever I entered the building through the Stage Door.<BR>Kyra Jablonsky SFB's Public Relations manager lead me into the Cafeteria and we had a nice chat for a few minutes before we were joined by Amanda who had just finished class. Before seeing 'Center Stage' last February I had never even heard of her and if somebody would have told me back then that just 6 months later I would be interviewing her I would have laughed.<BR>Amanda and I were able to talk for almost 1 hour and the inteview will be up on the site soon (I will write it up as soon as I can manage. Promise!). When one of her fellow dancers came passed us telling Amanda about a new style of ballet slippers she had just bought, Amanda explained to me that the SFB members found it hard to resist the lure of all the dance supply shops in the area "... They are all so close by so every day we find something new to try..."<P>After the interview Kyra took me into the Auditorium where I was able to observe the dress rehearsal of Tomasson's Prism.<BR>It was an interesting experience but I have to admit that as soon as Lucia Lacarra appeared on stage I found myself so spell bound that I was hardly noticing anything of what was going on around me.<P>Since the dress rehearsal for the 3rd programme took place today tomorrow's class is going to start at 12 instead of 10.30 much to the delight of the dancers who will be able to sleep in. Most of them are still suffering from jet lag so this is going to be a very welcome change of their routine.<P>In tonight's performance there will be change of conductors. Julia Adam's "Night" will be conducted by Scott Speck.<P>Ticket prices for the Saturday matinee and evening performance have been reduced. Stuart Sweeney has already posted further details in the "Ticket availability" thread.<P>Tonight will be the first night this week I am not going to attend a performance. Instead I am going to catch my breath for the rest of the week (and of course I needed time to type away for your entertainment).<BR>It has been a very exciting season so far and I have enjoyed every minute of it.<P><p>[This message has been edited by OdileGB (edited August 16, 2001).]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]