public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Problems With Nutcracker Story
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:31 pm 

After reading the review for Ballet San Jose's Nutcracker, I was reminded about the one thing I dislike most about many Nutcracker Productions, the STORY gets lost. I can't tell you how many times that in the second act, there is no Prince or Nutcracker with Clara at all. The best had to be when a young girl sitting a few rows away asked her mom, "What happend to the Nutcracker"? Or the dancer seen earlier as the Prince is now dancing Spanish? Or the Cavalier performs the mime retelling what happend at the battle (like he was there?) Sometimes the story gets so drab and boring, or non existent that I pray the dancers just speak their mind! Can you imagine the prince actually giving a monologue recounting the ordeal of the battle? Ahh, don't even get me started on Dross.

Post subject: Re: Problems With Nutcracker Story
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:59 am 

And how about the violence?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Problems With Nutcracker Story
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:38 pm 

You mean like little Gingerbread kids getting there arms and legs eaten off, mice getting blown away by cannon fire, and the mouse king dying of a horrific stab wound? I say, give me more, hee hee.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]