public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: I've been to the RB "Nutcracker"
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 1:35 am 

Yep , i've seen the Nutcracker at the ROH...it was fantastic , superb..but Sir Anthony as Drosselmeyer was missing ( at least i have the DVD of the performance, and it's on BBC2 at Christmas day!), i liked it when Drosselmeyer guided the audience through the ballet rather than appearing every now and then..but that is just my view..i would recommend you go and see it, i am hoping to catch another performance after Christmas or the New Year....

<small>[ 02 December 2003, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Stuart Sweeney ]</small>

Post subject: Re: I've been to the RB "Nutcracker"
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 4:01 am 

You are indeed a dedicated spf? Who danced the evening you went?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: I've been to the RB "Nutcracker"
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2001 6:37 am 

Well Darcey was my namesake Th Sugar Plum Fairy , but i thought she had quite a bit of nerves , or at least to begin with..i really haven't seen anyone dance the part better than Leslie Collier way back in 1995 with Dowell as her prince!<BR>Jonathan was her prince , i thought he lacked something but i can't put my finger on it . He seemed like he wanted to be somewhere else , maybe he wasn't feeling well??<BR>Luke was Drosselmeyer..oh boy what a choice..NO!!Bring Dowell back quickly...no one has done Drosselmeyer like he has.He could put the magic into the performance and add a hint of evil to make sure his wishes were carried out i.e that Clara loved the Nutcracker ( his nephew) and broke the spell put on him many years ago...Why couldn't they have given David Drew the part of Drosselemyer??<BR>I liked the ballet and it was a good performance although i feel that i need to see another one to compare them ( good excuse eh??).Will keep you posted.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]