public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Other Christmas shows
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 1:03 pm 
Has anyone seen Michael Smins(wrong spl) Christmas Show ballet? What about Eliot Felds NOTcracker? Theres another one called The Cracked Nut but I forgot what city that one plays in. Theres was another all Black version-One of the Nicholas brothers played a tap dancing Dosselmeyer.

Post subject: Re: Other Christmas shows
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 11:02 am 

James Canfield at Oregon Ballet Theatre has one entitled "The Nut Has Finally Cracked."<P>And, of course there is Mr. Morris' "The Hard Nut."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 6:58 pm 

That's right, Francis, how could anyone not know of the "Hard Nut," by Seattle's favorite son...<P>Here are some threads about various Christmas shows, including the "Hard Nut" and Smuin's "The Christmas Ballet":<P><a href=../../../ubb/Forum5/HTML/000029.html target=_blank><B>Mark Morris' 'Hard Nut'</B></a><P><a href=../../../ubb/Forum4/HTML/000567.html target=_blank><B>Smuin Ballets/SF in 'The Christmas Ballet'</B></a><P><a href=../../../ubb/Forum4/HTML/000593.html target=_blank><B>'A Christmas Carol' at the RFH</B></a><P><a href=../../../ubb/Forum6/HTML/000181.html target=_blank><B>Susan Stroman's new Christmas show</B></a><P><a href=../../../ubb/Forum11/HTML/000311.html target=_blank><B>'Twelve Dancers Dancing - A Christmas in Cambridge'</B></a><P><a href=../../../ubb/Forum5/HTML/000358.html target=_blank><B>ODC/SF's 'Velveteen Rabbit'</B></a>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 2:38 pm 

Has anyone heard of or seen the "Urban Nutcracker", by Ballethnic Dance Company?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 2:49 pm 

There's also, I think, a "Harlem Nutcracker" by Donald Byrd.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 4:47 pm 
I've heard of the urban nutcracker-the Balletethnic co. is in Atlanta I know.....<BR>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 2:45 pm 

Yeah, I dance there. I"m going to do that show this year. I LOVE THAT SHOW!!! I finally saw a tape of it, and it is an innovative (and much more interesting) take on the traditional Nutcracker, still using the same score. And it looks great!!! Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 1:48 pm 
OH-I wish I can see you in it bebounce!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]