public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Red Face
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2001 12:09 pm 

I had a parent absolutley amazed last week when I casually lifted my foot on to a table to do up my shoe.<P>I never thought it was that amazing but she was so envious lol.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2001 12:17 pm 

Whenever I'm home at my parents' house I like to dance in the garden, mainly because they have huge picture windows and I can watch myself. Well, I say dance...adages are my only forte these days. Image<BR>The neighbours haven't commented as yet, although they have a great overlooking view.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2001 1:05 pm 

ok - I have to tell you this sad/funny story. Every morning a group of us walked several blocks from our cars to ballet class in downtown San Diego. We began to notice a young woman, very raggedly dressed, usually talking to herself, dirty, obviously living on the streets. She seemed to be around most every morning walking the streets.<P>On one corner there was a closed up store with huge windows. Black paper had been taped up on the inside covering the windows. The store had been empty for a long time. The blacked up windows made for a great mirror.<P>One morning as the group of us approached this store, we saw the young woman, standing in front of the mirror/windows. She put down her sack, and stood there for a while. And then, and then, she began to dance!<P>Ballet! En dehors pirouettes, pas de boureés, en dedans pirouettes, a renversé (!), balancés, waltz turns.....and all quite well executed. Very musical. She was humming as she danced. Then suddenly she stopped, picked up her sack and walked off.<P>Who knows what had happened to her? What kind of background she had?.....we were literally stunned into silence. I think everyone had tears in their eyes. And very grateful that we were on our way to ballet class.<P>Red Shoes mentioning big picture windows reminded me of this.<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 9:13 am 

oh besheva. that is so sad! but what an awesome painting that would be, of a raggity, dirty woman dancing in front of a blackened window, and in the reflection a beautiful ballerina. oh, how i wish i knew how to paint, i'ld do it in a minute. but in regards to the woman, i guess its true, but for the grace of God go I.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 11:04 am 

Kim, she also has the grace of God within her...and she gave us a glimpse of it didn't she?

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3