public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Newspaper searches #3 - Recycled for 'Fun'
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2000 6:52 am 

Speaking of epitaphs (see Stuart's post) here is one that is said to have been written on a gravestone somewhere in the UK:<P>Listen oh man that passeth bye<BR>As you are now, so once was I<BR>As I am now, so shalt thou be<BR>Prepare thyself to follow me<P>Someone else had written below it:<P>To follow you is not my intent<BR>Unless I know which way you went.<BR>.......................<P>As for my eptiaph? "I told you I was sick"<P>that should make everyone feel nice and guilty.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2000 7:10 am 

For an epitaph I like;<P><BR>If you can read this, you're too close

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2001 2:28 pm 

Having shifted this topic across i need to do this to get it to the top of the Forum.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2001 5:14 pm 

Stuart - now you have gone and done it - blown our cover - now everyone can see how zany we all really are, no not "brainy", that was not a typo - it was meant to be "zany". <P>Look, folks, I want you to know that they left <B>my</B> greatest quotes and stuff down there in the moderator's messages.<P>Speaking of inane "stuff" here's a poem I wrote:<P>STUFF<P>Whether days are smooth<BR>Or days are rough<BR>I know I am always<BR>Surrounded by stuff<P>Like etcetera <BR>Or even et al<BR>Stuff is a word<BR>Without meaning at all<P>There is stuff I do <BR>And stuff I don’t<BR>Stuff that can wait<BR>And stuff that won’t<P>Stuff I can eat<BR>And stuff I can’t<BR>Stuff I can name<BR>And stuff I shan’t<P>Stuff I lose<BR>And stuff I find <BR>Stuff to think about <BR>And stuff out of my mind<P>Even though I admit<BR>I have enough<BR>I’m still out buying<BR>Ever more stuff<P>And when I die<BR>The very next day<BR>They’ll start to cart<BR>My stuff away<P>But it doesn’t matter<BR>After I’m dust<BR>They’ll still make stuff<BR>Because they must.<P>Copyright, Sept. 2000<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2001 5:23 pm 

Hurrah, Basheva! Reading "Stuff" made me want to hear you (or someone of your choice) read it aloud.<P>Eek - we do digress, don't we? I'm big on diversions. Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2001 5:00 pm 

cute poem, basheva. Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2001 7:39 pm 

thank ya, thank ya, thank ya -<P>I have 70 more poems .............LOL (they think I'm kidding)

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2