public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: TODAY IS.......
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 1:26 pm 

Wow - Red Shoes - what a wonderful place that looks like! <P>As for me, you know I obviously can't tell what is advertising and what is not - LOL.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 1:34 pm 

LOL also Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 2:29 pm 

Well after two glorious weeks of sunshine in the UK we are back to rain, rain and more rain. Oh well it was good while it lasted.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 8:34 am 

So you had a nice summer then? Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 9:51 am 

Today is HOT! and we've a drought and lots of wildfires springing up. Give me some rain and a cool breeze! My only hope is a possibility of thunderstorms. Maybe tomorrow. Image<P>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 1:28 pm 

It was great Red shoes - thank you - I do hope it brightens up again the thought of not getting any weather like that until next year is rather depressing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 5:16 am 

Husband is officially on holiday, and the quaint Italian custom of closing down half the country for the entire month of August (shops included) has started. Try visiting Milan in August and enjoy the lack of people...a ghost town.<BR>It's almost as irritating as all the small shops that shut between 1pm and 4pm all year round.<BR>Spent all morning on the beach, and we are all glowing nicely now.<BR>How's England today? Or anywhere?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 5:47 am 

The only day of the year where stores are really closed in San Diego is Christmas Day. Most stores are open everyday of the week, and most holidays (small shops might close) and most stores are open till quite late at night. Many supermarkets are open all night long.<P>We are having a nice cool summer so far (I hate the heat) and the city is full of tourists - but I don't live near a tourist area. It is cloudy in the morning and then the sun comes out around 9 a.m. or so. That is wonderful because it keeps the temperature in the 70's - which is perfect.<P>It would be fun to have a thunderstorm - but there is no chance of that for months. So, when I feel the need for one I click here:<P><BR><A HREF="http://www.wcmsolutions.com/products/thestorm/thestorm.html" TARGET=_blank><B>The Storm</B></A><P>It takes a couple of minutes to load - and you can increase the intensity - and if you click on "manual" you can control the lightning. <P>This city is beautiful at all times of the year....the setting of beaches, bays, ocean, cliffs, is really quite breathtaking. <P>And the shopping is good too....LOL...<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 6:06 am 

It's boiling hot in England by English standards - about 27 or 28, or low 80s in old money. Far too hot for me! Which is why I'm sitting indoors bashing at this thing rather than lying in the sun which is what most of Britain does the minute the temperature rises. But the old saying about the British summer "3 hot days and a thunderstorm" will probably prove true. I feel really sorry for the musicians at the Proms - the Albert Hall has no air conditioning and is unbearable in this weather. I know it doesn't sound hot to people used to really hot weather!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 10:07 am 

I don't know what the temperature is here, but it ain't half hot...air conditioning? What's air conditioning?<P>Ironing is the worst thing, and I have a pile of stuff waiting for me, and I DON'T WANT TO DO IT!!! Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 12:19 pm 

Look at it this way, Red Shoes - Anyone who enjoys ironing....has a problem! So you are normal....and in good company...!<P>Actually my least favorite is dusting. Ack - I don't know why I just hate it. Seems like such a waste of time. I do it - but I hate it. I can get really distracted by just about ANYTHING to avoid dusting.<P>Like if you clean the stove - you can stand back and look at it - and it shines. But dusting? No one will come into the house and say "my, my, Basheva, you dusted soooooooooo well. You are such a good duster".<P>LOL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 5:51 am 

Basheva,<BR>I have found that dusting is a lot more satisfying if you only do it once or twice a year. People do notice it then.<BR>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 5:57 am 

LOLOL - what a great idea!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 9:18 am 

Sissonne, you are a person after my own heart! Image <P>I rear dust mites.<P>Thanks for the storm Basheva. After seeing the virtual one we had a real, violent rainstorm with high winds today. After a glorious morning on the beach too.<BR>Reminds me of when I went to Disneyworld, and we caught a storm half way across on the skyway (which the powers that be decide to stop for the duration of the storm, inexplicably). The sun came out 10 minutes later, and we were dry within 10 more minutes, having gotten drenched up in the air...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 8:53 am 

You're not going to believe this folks, but it's true. Early this morning on the beach we saw some people staring and pointing out at the sea.<BR>So we looked where they were looking, and about 50 metres out, in shallow water, there was a black fin going back and forth. It went after a few minutes. I can only imagine it was a small shark. In the Med. At OUR beach. The cheek of some fish! Image <P>And yes, we did all go in the water after.<BR>Not far in though... Image

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next