public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: TODAY IS.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 11:29 am 

Did you hear about the terrible tragedy of the little boy who was attacked - I think - I could be wrong - that it was in Florida?<P>He is in a coma - his arm had to be reattached - it was torn off. His uncle literally pulled him out of the shark's mouth. The water was quite shallow. Scary. Sharks have been seen here, but no attacks. YET<P>When I was snorkling in Tahiti (actually the next island Moorea) amongst the coral I saw a sea snake - you NEVER SAW ANYONE DASH BACK TO SHORE QUICKER THAN YOURS TRULY.<P>It was HUGE - maybe it was an eel - I don't know - I didn't stop to ask it.<p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited July 31, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 2:45 am 

LOL about the last bit Image Image Image <P>Yes, we heard about the boy in Florida, and saw the films and pics, but nothing since it happened - so he's still not recovering, poor little fella. What an uncle he has though!<P>Just wanted to add that a large shark was also seen and photographed in the Adriatic today. They say it's due to the Med's average temperature rising. Image <p>[This message has been edited by Red Shoes (edited August 01, 2001).]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 1:57 pm 

The boy was injured about a month ago off the Florida panhandle; I, fortunately, live farther south than that.<P>Even more fortunately, I'm still in Vermont.<p>[This message has been edited by salzberg (edited August 01, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 2:00 am 

TODAY IS...our 14th Wedding Anniversary!<P>All morning on beach and later we're going up to Roma to see a few sights and throw a coin in the fountain of Trevi.<P>Is that a lovely day or not??!! Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 5:14 am 

Red Shoes - <B>CONGRATULATIONS!!</B> Have a wonderful, fun, joyous day.<P>This past June we celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary. See, I told you I was old!!<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 5:44 am 

Rubies for you next year Basheva.<P>Congratulations Red Shoes - Enjoy your day!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 7:58 am 

Thanks girls! (Basheva, age is a state of mind, is it not? And you were a child bride anyway, it's clear! Image )<P>We had a lovely day (my poor feet).<P>Drove past the Caracalla Baths, Circo Massimo, Arch of Constantine, Colosseo, and reached where I was after: the small church of Santa Maria della Vittoria, which, apart from being a Baroque masterpiece, contains a wonderful statue of the Ecstasy of Saint Teresa (sitting on a marble cloud with a sadistic angel piecing her heart with an arrow) by the great Bernini. Favoloso.<P>Then Trevi (always throw a coin in for scaramanzia-superstition), full of American, Japanese and all types of tourist...<P>I have to report that there is a Planet Hollywood almost right at the start of the Via Veneto: doesn't seem right somehow.<P>A simple supper near the Colosseo, and home exhausted (one always forgets that Rome is hilly...)<P>If anyone reading this is in two minds about visiting Rome: DO IT! Beats Paris ANY DAY! Hope we don't have any French readers... Image

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5