public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: The gym? Not me. I've Grown Up
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2001 10:38 am 

I thought this was about grunting guys in a gym - and now we are mopping floors? ACK

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2001 11:19 am 

Well i don't think anyone recognised me, but I was there last month Jeff. All you had to do was put on a frock.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2001 12:14 pm 

I think the men on this site are really tough. They have memories like elephants, and they tease a lot too. I'm going to take my toys and go home.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2001 12:36 pm 

Stuart, all my good frocks were at the cleaners. . .and I certainly couldn't let anyone see me in <I>this</I> old thing. . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2001 8:24 am 

Sorry to be boring and get back to the original topic (the thought of Stuart and Salzberg in frocks is sending me funny!!), I have been to a gym on a couple of occasions and got bored very quickly but one of the most entertaining times I had there was watching some guy who obviously went evry week and had a body like Arnold Schwarz..... whatever go onto a step machine and struggle on the lowest level. I went on directly after him, wacked up the difficulty level (probably some technical term for that) and stayed on happily, hardly breaking a sweat for 10 minutes. Don't get me wrong I'm not puny looking but I'm not tough either and this guys face when I took to this machine like a duck to water was a picture.<P>I didn't tell him about me getting caught by the shark on the rowing machine after about 50 metres.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2001 9:24 am 

Reminds me of the time I tried out for the police force undercover for a magazine article and during the physical had to hold a chin-up for 45 seconds. It was amazing watching these burly guys drop to the ground after a few seconds.<P>Also -- when our dance troupe was preparing to do a Slovak number where the women had to jump from a squat to their partner's shoulder, the artistic director made the women do pullups and again, the women I thought would beat me out because of their upper body bulk had terrible problems. I had no problem with the training or the dance (but I was also careful to get a good spring and hit my butt with my toes every time). Lean arms and torso do not necessarily mean weak.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2001 11:31 am 

ok - I am going to have to tell you my particular talent that all these years of dance has given me. <P>When I was in the mountains and we attended a campfire with many people sitting around singing and playing silly games, etc., - we were doing silly stuff like patting our heads with one hand and circling the other hand on the stomach - all at the same time. Drove everyone crazy - except me- I was GREAT at it. It was worth all those hours - years - of port de bras exercises.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2001 12:50 pm 

Basheva -- that's funny. I do that all the time at the barre (when the teacher isn't looking) when we've all particularly destroyed an exercise (usually petit battement).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2