public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: My Way and Martha's Way.........
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 5:55 am 

Basheva - you take your laptop with you for an overnight stay to see a ballet??!!??<P>And here's us computer illiterate Europeans still struggling with our scanners.<BR>Well, I am, anyway. Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 8:31 am 

Red Shoes, I have a brownie recipe that is great, too. But my guess is it's not that different from others you're getting. Feel free to e-mail me, too, if you'd like. I prefer my brownies very fudgy and barely baked. Definitely not "cakey." So I've altered my recipe to take this into account. <P>I've never done brownies with milk chocolate (can you even get milk chocolate baking squares?). BUT, instead of nuts, I've been known to add milk chocolate chips during the baking process. This can make for a very intense chocolate experience...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 9:32 am 

...which sounds absolutely heavenly. We're going to need a thread just for all the favorite chocolate recipes. Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2001 1:34 pm 

***** Martha's way #16: If you have a problem opening jars: Try using latex dishwashing gloves. They give a non slip grip that makes opening jars easy.<P><BR>My way: Go ask the very cute neighbor to do it.<P>***** Martha's way #17: Potatoes will take food stains off your fingers.   Just slice and rub raw potato on the stains and rinse with water.<P>My way: Mashed potatoes will now be replacing the antibacterial soap in the handy dispenser next to my sink.<P>***** Martha's way #18: Now look what you can do with Alka Seltzer...<BR>* Clean a toilet. Drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets, wait twenty minutes, brush and flush. The citric acid and effervescent action clean vitreous china.<BR>* Clean a vase. To remove a stain from the bottom of a glass vase or cruet, fill with water and drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets.<BR>* Polish jewelry. Drop two Alka-Seltzer tablets into a glass of water and immerse the jewelry for two minutes.<BR>* Clean a thermos bottle. Fill the bottle with water, drop in four Alka-Seltzer tablets, and let soak for an hour (or longer, if necessary).<P>My way: Put your jewelry, vases, and thermos in the toilet. Add some Alka-Seltzer and you have solved a whole bunch of problems at once.<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2001 8:23 pm 

<center>Image<BR></center><P>Nice touch with the Alka-Seltzer Basheva.<P><a href="http://uweb.superlink.net/ffwrew/goofy/Martha2.html">Do you suffer from MSD?</a><P>***** Martha's way #19: PlaceHolders: Tie two small bunches of flowers into a nosegay with a 16-inch-long satin ribbon, and tie the bouquet to the back of a chair. To make place cards, tear card stock to size against a ruler to create an attractive deckled edge, or use store-bought cards. Inscribe with a calligrapher’s pen.<P>My way: Dive for the place with the biggest piece of cake waiting for you.<P><BR>PS - what the heck is a nosegay?<P>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 5:19 am 
OH LETS ADMIT IT-arent we jealous of this beautiful,glamorous woman who can do just about ANYTHING in the house and *******??? A HE-MAN's FANTASY???

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 5:27 am 

Sarah - that was a great site - you really started my day out with laughter. And a day without laughter is a day without sunshine. Thanks for the sunshine.<P>Can you imagine Martha as a ballet dancer?<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2001 8:48 am 

I'd like to take the opportunity nere to thank Nancy and Basheva for their respective brownie recipes, which I will try later this summer...<P>Nancy, weird things happened when I mailed you, so I didn't write you personally to say thanks in case it happened again!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2001 9:36 am 

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>A HE-MAN's FANTASY???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Gee, I guess I'm not a he-man, then.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2001 10:20 am 
SURE JEFF SURE....(LOL)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 9:29 am 

well, uumm, i read the msd site, and well, it wore me out and now i need a nap. <BR>kim

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 12:58 pm 

You guys I have a problem....<P>I suffer from Martha Stewart Disease!!! Here's some examples..<BR>(these are things I've found out or done)<P>*When you get a stain on your carpet, dab some lotion on it, then rub with a cold washcloth. For a particularly smelly stain, use scented lotion.<P>*Today for supper I had grilled vegitables. The vegatables were dipped in olive oil with spices and were bought from a road side stand, freashly picked.<P>*At sleepovers, I do the cooking. Even when it's not my house...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 1:49 pm 

Athena - want to sleepover at my house? You can do all the cooking, I promise.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 6:59 pm 

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Gee, I guess I'm not a he-man, then.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh, really? I would have bet money that you were a registered member of <A HREF="http://www.marthastewart.com" TARGET=_blank>Martha Stewart Online</A><P><BR>Basheva - go to <A HREF="http://www.google.com" TARGET=_blank>Google</A> and type "Martha Stewart Parody" and you will have entertainment for the rest of the weekend.<BR>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 11:05 pm 

In the UK they seem to have their own Martha:<BR>Nigella Lawson.<P>Try <A HREF="http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/archives/2000/11/16/coverstory.html" TARGET=_blank>www.cambridge-news.co.uk/archives/2000/11/16/coverstory.html</A> <P>or put her name into <A HREF="http://www.google.com" TARGET=_blank>www.google.com</A>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next