public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: My Way and Martha's Way.........
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 9:24 am 
Does anyone remember one of her earliest commercials-I think she was advertising American Express. She gave a helpful hint then-use your old credit cards to TILE YOUR POOL-theres no end to her imagination is there( AM I jealous or what???)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 10:01 am 

Martha's way on watermellons: same as Besheva's post<P>My way: stick your face into the mellon, and have contests on who can spit seeds the farthest. <BR>kim

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 10:09 am 
THATS THE WAY KIM!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 6:42 pm 

My way with watermelons:<BR>Go to the market (grocery store) and in the refrigerated section the fruit is already cut up and de-seeded a la Martha; toothpicks optional.<P>Just a sidenote: Martha has no children to clean up after and is also divorced. I suppose her husband got tired of all those lovely dinners every night when he just wanted a beer, some chips and the football game.<p>[This message has been edited by *Jan* (edited July 12, 2001).]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 6:29 am 

Martha's way #9: Wrap celery in aluminum foil when putting in the refrigerator and it will keep for weeks.<P>My way: Celery? Never heard of the stuff.<P>***** Martha's way #10: Brush some beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield a beautiful glossy finish.<P>My way: The Mrs. Smith frozen pie directions do not include brushing egg whites over the crust and so I don't do it.<P>***** Martha's way #11: Place a slice of apple in hardened brown sugar to soften it.<P>My Way: Brown sugar is supposed to be soft?<P>***** Martha's way #12: When boiling corn on the cob, add a pinch of sugar to help bring out the corn's natural sweetness.<P>My Way: The only kind of corn I buy comes in a can.<P>***** Martha's way #13: To determine whether an egg is fresh, immerse it in a pan of cool, salted water. If it sinks, it is fresh, but if it rises to the surface, throw it away.<P>My way: Eat, cook, or use the egg anyway. If you feel bad later, you will know it wasn't fresh.<P>***** Martha's way #14: Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.<P>My way: Martha, dear, the only reason this works is because you can't rub a lime on your forehead without getting lime juice in your eye, and then the problem isn't the headache anymore, it is because you are now blind.<P>***** Martha's way #15: Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.<P>My way: Leftover wine? <rofl><P><BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 7:33 am 

LOL the lime juice Image Image Image<P>'Scuse me, but who IS this Martha person?<BR>Am I missing something?<P>And while we're at it, can someone let me have a FOOLPROOF recipe for brownies?<P>I said foolproof. All the cakey things I have ever made have caused major digestive problems. And they were the edible ones.<P> Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 8:47 am 

Martha Stewart is a well known personality on this side of the Atlantic. She is known for doing EVERYTHING PERFECTLY.<P>There is the right way, the perfect way, and the "Martha Stewart absolutely perfect way". It is what we always dream we should be doing, and just never quite making it. Well, Martha makes it to perfect land. Her table clothes never have a wrinkle, her flowers wouldn't dare droop, the roses open on time (for her evening dinner party).<P>She never forgets to rotate the tires on her car - and her hands don't get dirty doing it either. There are many good tips and ideas in her TV shows, magazines, etc., but for most of us ordinary mortals - there simply is no time for such perfection. She, herself, is very well spoken, a beautiful woman, with need I say it? perfect taste. <P>Here are some links to her websites:<P><A HREF="http://www.marthastewart.com/" TARGET=_blank><B>Martha Stewart.com</B></A><P><A HREF="http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Martha+Stewart%22&btnG=Google+Search" TARGET=_blank><B>Martha Stewart - Google Search</B></A><P>As for a brownie recipe - I have one I can send you if you e-mail me Red Shoes - I don't want to clutter up the board with it. I don't guarantee it - except that it is a family favorite.<P> <P><BR><p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited July 14, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 9:22 am 

I was expecting to see a US of A Barbie doll type, yet she actually looks quite normal.<P>She can't be all that normal though can she, if she's perfect? Image<P>For the Brownies Basheva, I'll e-mail you tomorrow: I've been hogging the computer all afternon as it is, and it's time for pasta e fagioli, or as Dean Martin said in the song: 'past' e fasul' (That's Amore!).<P>Buon appetito a tutti!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 12:23 pm 

Red Shoes, this is short and good and easy, won't clog up the thread here!<BR>2 squares unsweetened chocolate melted with 1 stick of butter.<BR>2 eggs mixed with 1 cup of sugar. Add melted chocolate and butter to eggs and sugar, slightly cooled. Add 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of pecans or walnuts, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Put in a 9"x9" greased and floured metal pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. You'll have to translate to your measurements if necessary, I guess. Very easy, and delicious. Don't overcook.<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 2:52 am 

Yum, Maggie! :P<P>Must it be plain chocolate? I prefer milk chocolate. Image<P>Now I'll mail Basheva and get hers as well.<P>What diet?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 4:04 am 

Red Shoes, it is the kind of chocolate you bake with. As far as I know, it is dark, and comes either sweetened or unsweetened. Unsweetened is used in this recipe.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 4:12 am 

I think it's a little problem with the language.<P>Plain Chocolate = Dark, unsweetened, bitter<P>Milk Chocolate = Lighter, sweeter, milky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 5:41 am 

Maggie and Red Shoes:<BR>I think that recipe is the same as the one off the Baker’s Chocolate Box. This is a very good recipe, but VERY rich. I made some for my Boyfriend’s birthday and he wolfed them down in one evening. (The resulting sugar and caffeine high, did, however, send him into a manic frenzy, so be careful!) <P>BTW if you are a chocoholic like me check out <A HREF="http://www.hhhh.org/cloister/chocolate/." TARGET=_blank>http://www.hhhh.org/cloister/chocolate/.</A> (I would have made a link here, but couldn't figure out how--as I've said before, I'm not very computer literate.) It’s a great chocolate site that is both informative and (almost) as much fun as eating the stuff. <P>Basheva: LOL!! The woman annoys me to distraction.<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 5:45 am 

I have your e-mail Red Shoes - I am at a hotel (came to see the ballet) and on a laptop - so it will have to be after I get home.<P>So, - you can see I am no Martha Stewart. Martha Stewart would have HER brownie recipe memorized so there would be no delay in helping friends like Red Shoes.<P>oy vey

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 5:48 am 

Heh!! I did make a link after all! I tried it and it worked! I still don't know what I'm doing most of the time!! LOL

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next