public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: What i would do different
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:06 pm 

I got this in an e-mail and just had to pass it along:<BR>IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER - by Erma Bombeck <BR>(Written after she found out she was dying from cancer.) <P>- I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day. <BR>- I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage. <BR>- I would have talked less and listened more. <BR>- I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded. <BR>- I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried <BR>much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in thefireplace. <BR>- I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth. <BR>- I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband. <BR>- I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer <BR>day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed. <BR>- I would have sat on the lawn with my children and not worried about grassstains. <BR>- I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life. <BR>- I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime. <BR>- Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle. <BR>- When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later. <BR>Now go get washed up for dinner." <BR>- There would have been more "I love you's." More "I'm sorry's." <BR>- ... But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every <BR>minute...look at it and really see it ... live it ... and never give it back. <BR>- Stop sweating the small stuff. Don't worry about who doesn't like you, who has more, or who's doing what. <BR>- Instead, let's cherish the relationships we have with those who do love us. <BR>Let's think about what God HAS blessed us with. <BR>- And what we are doing each day to promote ourselves mentally, physically, emotionally, as well as spiritually. <BR>- Life is too short to let it pass you by. <BR>- We only have one shot at this and then it's gone. <P>something to ponder.<BR>kim

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: What i would do different
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:19 pm 

I would always try to remember that this life is not a rehearsal and there are no encores.<P>And, the dance is not for the applause.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:38 pm 

i wouldn't be afraid to try new things, and would do something new at least once a month. anybody else out there that would do something different?<BR>kim<P>------------------<BR>Great Dancers are not great dancers because of their technique: they are great dancers because of their passion -- Martha Graham<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 2:59 pm 

As a dancer who constantly worried about doing it all perfectly and was forever waiting for it to happen (it never did, seldom does) I am constantly encouraging dancers who I have the wonderful opportunity to influence to enjoy the moment, remember how short our dancer lifetime is, and realize the joy you bring to those who admire the art. It was only in my last two years of a twenty year performing career that I let go and realized how blessed I was to be on the stage at all! The ironic part was that they ended up being the years that were for me the most sucessful.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 11:03 am 

I would listen to my body. I keep telling myself I'm going to start doing that, but it never seems to happen.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 12:13 pm 

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I would listen to my body. I keep telling myself I'm going to start doing that, but it never seems to happen.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Each day is a new day....you can start today.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 12:35 pm 

What I would do different:<BR>(1)When I had a doubt about whether I should have gone to an audition, I would have gone. (2)Take care of my body better; listen to pain and take care of it, and not put it off.<BR>(3) Taken more opportunities to understudy or learn a role, no matter whether there's a promise to perform or not. These provide opportunities for growth, and are part of one's education as an artist.<BR>(3) Started practicing yoga 20 years ago!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 1:01 pm 
THANKS KIM!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 2:14 pm 

Basheva:<P>I could have started then, but I didn't come back to read until today. Maybe start now? Better late than never. I'm almost 20 you know, I can't let my age catch up to me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 3:31 pm 

Sarah - LOL - ok - from the moment you read this - ready, get set - <big><B>GO!!!</B></big><P>Quiet everyone, Sarah is listening to her body.........

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 6:17 pm 

SHHHHHH!!! lol sarah, i am almost 40 years old, and i'm just begining to do whats best for me. so no you're definately not too old.<BR>start today what you should have done yesterday. <BR>you know, i'm watching a show on PBS called creating your second life after 40, and the host is talking about people who started doing stuff at 40. one woman wanted to dance, and decided to start at age 41 even though she thought she was "too old", now she's 43 and she considers herself a "ballerina". she's glad she took the chance. and her life is better because she took a chance. so its never too late. and you're never to old to start today. <BR>kim <BR><P>------------------<BR>Great Dancers are not great dancers because of their technique: they are great dancers because of their passion -- Martha Graham<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 7:57 am 
OH KIM you always say the right things--I have to pray to NEVER again let "age" discourage me again!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 7:58 am 
AND this woman was a Ballerina in 2YEARS??? WOW!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 8:35 am 

i don't think she is a ballerina in the sense of she dances on stage, and is a pro. i think she means her in own mind she's a ballerina. she sees herself as a ballerina. <BR>kim

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]